|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
Reservoir Engineer - Business Development
Our client, a rapidly growing Houston based E&P, is seeking a Senior Business Development - Reservoir Engineer with experience in exploration and development of unconventional resource plays in North America. This position will report to the Subsurface Manager within the Unconventional Task Force responsible for business development activities in the US Lower 48 area. The individual in this position will work as a senior member of a team tasked with assessment of acquisition opportunities in support of ongoing business development (A&D) activities. This will be a hands-on role where the individual will be directly involved in analysis of engineering data as part of the process to determine value and risk in the opportunity assessment effort.
Candidates must have recent onshore unconventional project experience in order to be considered for this position.
- Prior experience in BD work, you must be able to work under short cycle-time pressure, and be able to sift through large datasets and figure out what is important
- You must be capable of being able to describe and put value on the upside
- Aries & Spotfire software proficiency is essential
- Mid-Continent and/or Permian project experience is preferred
- Examples of previous BD work will be required, i.e listing of deals worked on, or deals bid on. You must be able to show an understanding of being able to evaluate and bid on deals.
- A bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum 15 years of experience in petroleum engineering, a significant portion of that time working on unconventional resource plays.
- Experience in oil and gas reserve estimations using SEC rules decline curve analysis and economic evaluations