|Date Posted||November 11, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
1. ROLE DETAILS:
Position title: LEAD RESERVOIR ENGINEER
Reports to: Manager, Subsurface Studies, Development
2. ROLE PURPOSE:
Reservoir Engineer: Perform reservoir modelling studies in order to estimate ultimate recoveries of hydrocarbons, expected recovery factors, and related subsurface risk assessments. Integrate reservoir fluid flow models, geoscience, and well engineering data to identify opportunities that will maximize the economic recovery of hydrocarbons. Construct and maintain analytical and numerical software based reservoir simulation models for reservoir performance analysis and prediction. Develop a comprehensive reservoir management plan that includes implementing reservoir monitoring and surveillance programs. Predict reserves and production performance for infill well proposals and recompletion activities. The Reservoir Engineer also works with an integrated team to generate and deliver Life of Field Development Plans. Will often conduct aspects of Petroleum Engineering in day-to day assignments (25- 50% of time).
The Lead Engineer leads many initiatives and projects independently, handles more complex assignments, sometimes sets own direction/proceeds on own initiative and judgement, is strongly proactive, helps manager set direction for team or may take the lead on direction for certain aspects, is an effective mentor for junior staff, expected to be a QRE (qualified reserves estimator) and likely with Reserves Auditing experience. Directs and participates in feasibility studies for new technology/processes. Will represent the Company at Technical Committee Meetings, workshops, farm out presentations and industry technical conferences to ensure that Company's strategic and technical aims are met.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Reservoir Performance Analysis and Standard Analytical Modelling
• Construct and maintain standard analytical models for reservoir performance analysis and prediction (Eclipse, Petrel-RE, Rubis, MBAL, PVTP)
• Conduct analysis and evaluation of wells including history of production, pressure history, well interval records, etc.
• Predict and evaluate waterflood/ secondary recovery process performance and potential recovery factors
• Assess gaps in subsurface data requirements and implement requests for PVT samples, static gradient pressure measurements, pressure transient tests, etc.
• Develop and implement cost-effective reservoir monitoring and surveillance programs; optimize production and injection rates
• Assess various reservoir drive mechanisms present in field and best way forward for depletion
• Perform pressure analysis and Pressure Transient Analysis using Ecrin software (Saphir)
• Develop and implement standards and consistent methodologies across Thailand BU wrt reservoir evaluation and management
• Act as an internal consultant and provide technical and management support to Thailand BU assets
Reservoir Characterization and Static Modelling
• Support Geologist and Geophysicist in estimating original fluid volumes in place using deterministic and probabilistic methods
• Complete reservoir evaluation using logs, core, pressure transient data; Collaborate with Formation Evaluation experts on design of core and Petrophysics studies.
• Assess rock and fluid properties for input to simulation; Characterize Fluid systems including use of EOS (PVTP)
• Design basic RCA and SCAL programs for Pc, Kr, wettability, etc. and assist in the interpretation of results when provided
• Derive permeability and perm/transmissibility predictions using state of the art analysis
• Assist with fluid contact interpretations (reconcile well logs, seismic attributes and MDT pressures) and reflect the full range of possible outcomes
• Assist with appropriate upscaling of geological model ensuring the main features of geologic model are retained
Reservoir Simulation and Dynamic Model Building
• Construct and maintain numerical reservoir simulation models for reservoir performance analysis and prediction (Eclipse, Petrel-RE, Rubis, MBAL)
• Design models to assess water and gas coning, cusping and channeling.
• Recognize errors and uncertainties associated with input data when history matching (pressure, rates, WOR, etc.)
• Work closely with earth scientists to iterate on geological model realizations that best match the reservoir history.
• Ensure dynamic behavior of the reservoir is adequately represented in models (aquifer strength/gas cap size, Pb, liquid drop out, J-function water saturations etc.)
• Predict production performance and EUR/TUR for infill well proposals and recompletion activities
Hydrocarbon Resource Management
• Create probabilistic (10/50/90) forecast and EUR/TUR estimates from modelling work
• Summarize Reservoir Depletion Plans for field and individual sands/compartments
• In conjunction with Petroleum Engineer, Generate field short term production forecasts, Life of Field forecasts and provide input to the end of year reserves process
• Ensure appropriate use of Horizontal wells for reservoir management
• Coordinate annual reserves efforts by working with development team and independent qualified reserves evaluators
• Enhanced Oil recovery (EOR) feasibility assessment and predictions
Identify New Opportunities and Technologies
• Plan and evaluate trials of new reservoir technology; directing and participating in feasibility studies
• Identify unswept or inefficiently drained areas, and recommend new well locations with geological input.
Exploration and Appraisal Well Support
• Monitor the execution of XPT/MDT, Mini-DST, and other well testing and sampling programs.
• Prepare conceptual development plans for exploration prospects.
Petroleum Engineering (25-50%) (see job description)
• Conduct various aspects of Petroleum Engineering to support day-to-day assignments.
7. KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Petroleum or Reservoir). A Master’s degree in Reservoir Engineering is a definite advantage.
Experience: 15-25 Years of reservoir engineering experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 10 years in reservoir simulation. Experience in modelling oil and gas reservoirs, preferably with Petrel RE and Eclipse E100/300. Experience working in different countries is preferred, especially Asia-Pacific. Achieved QRE status; Reserves auditor level of experience is an added advantage.
• Applies functional skills in own area and other areas to solve business problems; sets technical/business objectives with manager.
• Software: Eclipse E100/300, Petrel-RE, Rubis, MBAL, PVTP, Prosper, GAP, OFM, Saphir; Knowledge of Reservoir Engineering software and techniques to an advanced level
• Mentor and aid in the development of less experienced engineering staff; capable of probabilistic analysis methods.; Ability to design and optimize reservoir fluid sampling, fluid property modelling, routine and special core analysis; Capable of specialized simulation techniques (matrix solution methods, numerical analysis, vectorization, finite element/difference analysis and parallel modelling). Advanced Excel skills are a distinct advantage.