|Date Posted||April 3, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Generate shareholder value through the identification and implementation of field enhancement / development projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct reservoir surveillance of existing company properties as part of a multi-disciplinary team to monitor production performance and make recommendations for optimization of production rates and reserves.
- Conducts Asset Evaluations
- Carry out field and reservoir studies as part of an integrated team and perform reservoir engineering functions including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, thermal analytical modeling, economic analyses, et cetera.
- As part of team, lead the assessment and development life-of-field reservoir depletion plans, including supporting the construction and use of reservoir simulation models as needed.
- Identify, evaluate and initiate exploitation opportunities including new drill wells and workovers.
- Prepare production forecasts, operating plans, expenditure forecasts, et cetera. and evaluate economic models for asset valuations and budget preparation.
- Experience with thermal recovery oil fields is very favorable. The position will initially focus on oil fields located in the San Joaquin Valley and/or Coastal oil fields.
- As needed, support exploration teams in evaluation of projects including construction of economic models, probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting, evaluation of possible development scenarios, commercial thresholds, capital commitments, operating expenses and overall operational plans. Perform risked economic assessment including decision tree analysis.
- Evaluate and perform detailed assessments of potential acquisition and divestiture candidates.
- Mentor and assist as needed in the professional development of less experienced staff.
- Minimum of BS in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of reservoir engineering experience, with a technical proficiency in all areas of reservoir engineering and an emphasis on thermal recovery.
- Early career experience in field operations with exposure to production and drilling activities at a major oil company.
- Must have a working knowledge of commercial oil and gas economics software. SPR uses ARIES. Training will be provided if needed.
- Working knowledge of field surveillance/management software extremely beneficial. SPR uses OFM. Training will be provided if needed.
- Must be proficient in use of PC©s (IBM compatible) and Microsoft Office.
- Must have good presentation, communication and technical writing skills.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter interested in working in a team-oriented environment that delivers high quality, comprehensive, well-planned work product.
The position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. The essential duties, responsibilities and physical requirements above describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. The above description does not include all of the duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.