|Location||Bakersfield, United States|
|Date Posted||March 18, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
We are currently looking for an experienced, motivated, and creative individual to fill the position of Reservoir Engineer within our California Resources Corporation, North Operation based in Bakersfield, CA.
California Resources Corporation is composed of more than 70 fields encompassing approximately 1.5 million acres, including both developed and undeveloped acreage, located in the Huntington Beach, Long Beach, Ventura, San Joaquin, and Sacramento Basins. Fields and reservoir recovery methods include water floods, steam floods, gas injection projects and primary development in conventional and unconventional oil and gas reservoirs.
The new team member will work in concert with an integrated team of geoscientists, production/facility engineers, and with field operations to create/identify, develop, and execute profitable capital projects which increase profitability and reserves. The candidate will also be required to identify and economically justify conformance, deepening, new pay, and workover projects. Responsibilities also include reservoir management through frequent multidiscipline reviews of wells/patterns, production forecasting for the annual budget/planning process, and reserve determination.
• BS degree in engineering
• 10+ years of reservoir engineering experience including capital project development and reserve determination
• Familiarity with production engineering operations including completions/ workover preparation and evaluations for injectors and producers
• Ability to interact and work effectively with cross-functional teams
• Proficiency in reservoir engineering and pattern management practices such as material balance, injection optimization, conformance improvement, flood pattern surveillance, and performance forecasting
• Ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with limited data/ information
• Understanding of oil and gas finance in relation to reserves and economics
• Experience in interacting with regulatory agencies (State Lands Commission, Division of Oil, Gas & Geothermal Resources, Dept. of Water Resources)
• Experience in communicating and collaborating with lease holders and joint venture partners to manage lease agreements and farmouts
• Sound working knowledge of technical and economic software packages – OSI PI, DSS, VIP or Eclipse, Petrel, ValNav, MS Office
• Gas field surveillance, opportunity recognition, well remediation and grass roots development
• 5+ years of economic analysis preferably with ValNav
• Previous Land negotiation experience with lease holder and JV partners
• Previous experience in working with regulatory agencies (DOGGR, SLC, DWR)
CRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran