|Location||The Woodlands, Texas|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2015|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
In the U.S., they have exploration and production operations in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, the North Slope of Alaska, Kansas and Oklahoma. In Canada, their E&P assets are located offshore Newfoundland and Labrador. North America is a strategic growth area and over the past few years they have expanded exponentially with strong projections for continued growth.
We are currently seeking a Reservoir Engineer and Optimization Specialist to work out of their offices located north of Houston.
The Reservoir Engineer and Optimization Specialist will contribute to technology development of new physical formulation to describe the flow behavior of the reservoir in porous media.
Please apply here or email Renee @ Renee.Zabalaoui@Bridgelinerpo.com.
- Developing new mathematical tool to simulate a reservoir.
- Developing new mathematical tool to optimize under uncertainty reservoir (well placement, well control, schedule, etc.).
- Analysing risk of uncertainty of key parameters which define petrophysical properties and dynamic variables in a reservoir.
- Stress-flow coupling in fractured reservoirs, both conventional and unconventional.
- Finite element and Finite difference computational methods of coupled reservoir - Geomechanics modeling.
- Simulation reservoir fluid in single and double porosity media.
- Assisting with the development of new techniques, methodologies and workflow to obtain new optimization techniques (well placement, well control and schedule) quantifying uncertainty and risk in reservoir.
- Assisting with the development of a new physical model and mathematical tools in order to describe the interaction between fluid and rock in reservoir
- Participating in innovative new technology projects.
- Mentoring and disseminating knowledge within and outside the technology group.
- Publishing of patents of the new technology development.
- Publishing of research and scholarly articles, representing Client in national and international conference both as contributor and moderator.
- The legal authorization to work in the US for any US employer.
- A minimum of a Master´s degree in Reservoir Engineering or Mathematics.
- For a Master's degree, a minimum of 5 years of experience performing similar job duties. For a Ph.D., no experience required.
- Experience and knowledge in numerical modeling, especially in Statistics, 3D Reservoir Modeling, Dynamic Simulation in areas such as Dynamic Optimization, Geological Optimization and upscaling Technologies.
- Experience in programming codes.
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 4-6 times a year international travel to perform the essential duties of this position.
- Proficient in the use of reservoir simulation software.
- Familiarity with programming languages such Fortran, C/C++, Matlab.
- A Ph.D. in Reservoir Engineering or Mathematics.
- Simulation and knowledge in Carbonates Reservoir.
- Eclipse, Intersect, Stars.
- MEPO, CougarFlow.
- Petrel, CobraFlow, Skua.
- Familiarity with Spanish.