|Location||Anchorage, United States|
|Date Posted||March 7, 2017|
Hilcorp, founded in 1989, is one of the largest privately-held oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the United States and is the largest oil producer in Louisiana. Headquartered in Houston, TX, Hilcorp has over 1,350 employees in multiple operating areas including the Gulf Coast of Texas and Louisiana, the Northeast United States, and Alaska's Cook Inlet and North Slope. Our formula is to grow the company by leveraging our core competencies and operational expertise. Our proficiency in these key areas has resulted in significant growth over the last several years. Hilcorp is consistently acknowledged for its culture, values and ethics. In fact we have been recognized by multiple, local and national, publications as one of the best places in America to work. In addition Hilcorp has also been commended for its unique programs that foster charitable giving by its employees and our emphasis on partnering with the communities in which we operate. We take great pride in our accomplishments and strive to maintain a culture that will allow for continued growth.
Hilcorp Energy is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
- Identifies, prioritizes, presents, and monitors oil and gas development and exploitation projects.
- Identifies and quantifies oil and gas targets of reserves.
- Constructs plans of depletion.
- Identifies reservoir mechanics and predicts potential for additional recovery.
- Researches field and well histories.
- Produce well bore schematics.
- Analyzes cased hole and open hole well logs.
- Analyzes pressure and production/injection data.
- Produces structure, production, isobaric, and isopach maps.
- Performs Nodal Analysis.
- Compiles all relevant data into a complete history of and plan for future development of oil and gas fields.
- Evaluates economics and profitability of potential projects for the company.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company visions and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects corporate assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Zero (0) to (3) years minimum oil and gas engineering experience required with demonstrated experience in reservoir engineering.
- Ability to conduct detailed reservoir evaluations and studies.
- Ability to integrate geological and geophysical data into reservoir engineering calculations.
- Ability to accurately solve problems.
- Ability to make valuable contribution to team goals and objectives.
- Ability to be available 24 hours per day (on call for questions, emergencies, etc.).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete, multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities through effective time management. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Ability to integrate data from different sources into model reservoirs. Excellent administrative and organization skills.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
- Required: Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), Nodal analysis, and public data retrieval
- Preferred: Microsoft Access, Aries economic software and/or other reservoir engineering software tools, well log evaluations, risk assessment, PETRA, Rate Transient Analysis (RTA), Power Tools, and CAD.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in petroleum engineering.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in petroleum engineering.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: