|Location||The Woodlands, Texas|
|Date Posted||March 1, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
BridgeLine RPO is a managed recruiting services firm currently working with a Global exploration and production company. Our client is one of the world’s leading integrated oil and gas companies, spans the entire energy value chain including exploration, production, refining, marketing and new energy R&D. They operate in more than 30 countries with 25,000 employees worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Reservoir Engineer Advisor to work out of their offices located north of Houston.
The Reservoir Engineer Advisor will evaluate/advise exploration and development projects, to perform integrated reservoir studies and reservoir simulations using state of the art technologies.
The company is growing so this is an exciting time to join their Team!
- Evaluate business opportunities for oil and gas exploration, appraisal, and development projects in different environments, onshores and offshores, clastic and carbonate reservoirs. Works include:
- Use input from multi-disciplinary team to formulate and support investment decisions and optimize project performance.
- Perform economic evaluation of exploration prospects by building development scenarios with appropriate schedule, capital and operating costs, subsurface parameters, production profiles, transportation and marketing, and risk analysis.
- Provide full evaluation of development options to justify project sanction decisions, including comparing alternatives from technical and economic aspects.
- Perform reservoir simulations for exploration and development projects. Skills include fluid PVT, KrPc, WTA, upscaling, history matching, uncertainty analysis and optimization, etc.
- Work and interact with different discipline members (geophysicist, geologist, petrophysicist, reservoir engineer, production/facility engineer, project economist) and different business units or asset teams effectively.
- Use and integrate different methods to reach conclusions and recommendations in project decisions or project optimizations.
These methods include, but not limited to, the following:
- Methods to estimate volumetrics, production profiles, and cumulative productions.
- Reservoir engineering methods such as pressure analysis, material balance analysis, nodal analysis, PVT characterization, KrPc modelling, reservoir quality and reservoir heterogeneity analysis, drive mechanism, recovery method, recovery factor.
- Methods to estimate the ranges and rankings in volumetrics and recovery.
- Provide reserves estimations under SEC and PRMS guidelines. Use volumetrics, material balance, decline curve analysis, etc. Interact with internal and external reserve auditors.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend development method, enhanced recovery method, well location and optimization, infill drilling opportunity, etc.
- Develop and provide best-practice workflow procedures in integrated reservoir characterization or integrated reservoir modelling.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Petroleum Engineering or other relevant engineering. Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering preferred.
- 15+ years experience working as a reservoir engineer in E&P upstream.
- Experience and expertise in performing project evaluations in exploration, appraisal, and development in different environments.
- Skills and software uses include (but not limited to): material balance (e.g., MBAL), nodal analysis (e.g., Prosper/GAP), pressure transient analysis (e.g., Saphir), rate transient analysis, reservoir simulation (e.g., Eclipse, Petrel RE), production database (e.g., OFM), economic evaluation (e.g., PEEP, Aries), development planning & cost analysis, risk analysis).
- Experience and ability in working and interacting with integrated study team members.