|Date Posted||May 17, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
RESERVOIR ENGINEER ADVISOR
This position is based in the Stavanger office and it reports to the Subsurface Team Leader. Responsibilities of this position is to provide reservoir engineering support to Subsurface team and the position requires experience in classical reservoir engineering methods, basic economics, reservoir fluid & rock characterization, uncertainty analysis, reservoir simulation and reserves evaluation. The incumbent will be part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Provide reservoir engineering input, and leadership as appropriate, to progress investment proposals. Supporting reservoir engineering analysis should account for static and dynamic uncertainties, and show consideration of alternative development solutions.
- Construct and update reservoir simulation models (Eclipse, IPM or DCA) to assist with field development planning, ongoing reservoir management, and preparation of long term production forecasts.
- Take an active role in partnership meetings and workshops.
- Work together with the Operator to optimize and firm Long Term Plan (LTP) assumptions to maximize short and long term asset value.
- Participate in the annual Work Budget and Plan (WB&P) process, including optimization of future field activities.
- Provide Reservoir Engineering support to Drilling and Operations.
- Work closely with Operations and Production Engineering to implement Production Excellence processes and workflows. In particular take an active role in a) developing reservoir surveillance plans to improve understanding of assets, allow effective reservoir management, and support investment proposals, b) capture opportunities for production optimization, discuss implementation with the Operations team, and influence the Operator for execution.
- Take an active role in preparing Field Development Plans (FDPs) and Annual Field Reports (AFR), including documentation and presentation of those plans to management as appropriate.
- Provide economic and Value of Information (VOI) analysis, to support field development plans, investment proposals, asset value plans, and the annual budge
- Bachelor or Master of Science / Engineering degree in Petroleum Engineering. Closely-related discipline acceptable in combination with directly related experience.
- 10+ Years of experience
- Strong reservoir engineering skills, sufficient to deliver input to subsurface (simulation and other) models that adequately characterize the reservoir and fluids, define the reserves distribution accurately and enable the generation of robust field development plans. Good understanding of all subsurface issues.
- Experience in field development planning and economic evaluation.
- Advanced knowledge of different field development strategies.
- Positive attitude and proactive team worker. Capable of problem solving and always looking for efficient operational solutions. Ability to communicate effectively cross discipline.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and collaborate fully as part of a multi-disciplined team. Able to work to tight deadlines and effective at multi-tasking.
- Culturally sensitive and able to effectively influence partners in a Joint Venture environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, confident representing opinions at technical and operational meetings involving management, peers or Joint Venture partners.
- Mentoring of less senior staff and transferring of knowledge to the organization as a whole.
- Some experience in Operations would also be beneficial.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, PEEP, Monte Carlo and other industry standard software (for example: Eclipse, ENABLE, Prosper, MBal, GAP, PVTSIM or PVTi, Kappa, Sapphir, OFM