|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||January 3, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Reservoir engineering expert position responsible for maximizing value of existing unconventional assets through application of advanced reservoir engineering and technology. Must work with minimum of supervision as a critical component of a multi-disciplinary collaborative team.
• Reservoir engineering technical expert for all possible producing phases of unconventional reservoirs. Perform numerical and analytical reservoir simulation modeling, apply volumetric and material balance techniques, PVT methods and rate/pressure transient analysis to further understanding of physics behind observed behavior.
• Work in collaborative environment including dedicated collaborative space; Present to senior management and partners as required.
• Provide advice on reservoir surveillance of existing company properties and make recommendations for optimization of primary recovery.
• Act as a technical expert / mentor for one of more business units.
• BS, MS or PhD in Engineering (Petroleum, Chemical, or Mechanical)
• 5+ yrs oil and gas industry experience as a technically focused reservoir engineer working unconventional reservoirs. Some operations knowledge desired.
• Must have solid technical background in advanced reservoir engineering such as: PVT methods, material balance / volumetrics, analytical models (Fekete Harmony), rate transient analysis, reservoir simulation (CMG), DFIT analysis, nodal analysis, and an understanding of fundamental geological and petrophysical concepts.
• Thorough knowledge of basic recovery mechanisms as applied to all phases of a reservoirs life cycle: primary, secondary and tertiary.
• Understanding of geomechanical properties of reservoirs and how they may impact natural and hydraulic fracture behavior.
• Must have a working knowledge of commercial oil and gas economics and the physics behind what drives commerciality.
• Must be able to provide technical leadership within multi-disciplinary collaborative teams, have good presentation, communication and technical writing skills.