|Location||The Woodlands, United States|
|Date Posted||November 16, 2017|
Anadarko is searching for a Reservoir Engineer specializing in application of advanced digital technologies for field development, reservoir management and production optimization, to be a part of Anadarko’s centralized Advanced Analytics & Emerging Technology (AAET) organization located in The Woodlands, TX.
The AAET group serves as a centralized innovation and excellence organization responsible for identifying and developing Advanced Analytics and Emerging Technologies which provide differentiating capabilities across Anadarko’s business.
As part of the AAET team, the Reservoir Engineers will bring their expertise in developing and applying new technologies (physics-based, data-driven and hybrid) to monitor, analyze and optimize asset performance for unconventional and conventional reservoirs, and the advancement of these analytical and emerging solutions within the business units.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency with artificial lift methods and life cycle strategies, failure analysis, flow assurance and chemical programs.
- Strong background in reservoir engineering, black oil and compositional reservoir simulation and integrated production modeling applied to field development, reservoir management and production surveillance.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out research and development of digital oilfield practices and technologies for field development planning, reservoir management and production optimization.
- Knowledge of process design, control and automation systems.
- Experience in machine learning, data analytics, deep learning and system modeling are beneficial.
- Working knowledge of commercial reservoir simulation, well testing and nodal analysis software packages.
- Familiarity with design and execution of data acquisition programs (PVT, SCAL etc.).
- Proficiency in programming languages (C++, C#, Python, Java etc.) and mathematical packages (R, Matlab, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills and sound business awareness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in highly charged, fast-paced work environment and be able to handle multiple projects.
- Develop advanced digital technologies for field development, reservoir management and production surveillance for unconventional and conventional reservoirs.
- Support implementation and deployment of new solutions in software platforms for business users.
- Perform end-to-end modeling, uncertainty analysis and optimization workflows for integrated asset management.
- Execution of a wide range of projects across core focus areas of AAET.
- Execution and support of pilot programs with business units.
- Seek opportunities to network internally and externally to build relationships that foster technology transfer and collaboration.
- Work with external technology organizations including joint industry projects and consortia.
Bachelor's degree required with a strong preference for a PhD Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering or any other related discipline
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.