|Date Posted||April 26, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
TransAtlantic Petroleum is an international energy producer engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas. Our objective is to acquire and develop assets with known production potential in countries that have favorable fiscal terms and prices. We utilize North American technology to enhance and commercialize production.
Longfellow Energy, LP is a privately owned oil and natural gas exploration and production company. We engage primarily in the exploration and development of new reserves in onshore US basins that have been underdeveloped or overlooked.
This position would support the efforts of both Longfellow Energy and TransAtlantic Petroleum. The essential job duties shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
· Reservoir engineering responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
o Estimating reserves and generating forecasts for property evaluations and development planning.
o Managing the companies reserves database and conducting detailed reservoir engineering reviews of all wells.
o Generating and managing auditing of the companies SEC reserves reporting.
o Predict reserves and well performance for all wells.
o Perform independent engineering analysis of acquisition and divestiture projects
o Provide technical training to field personnel, including inspection and audit personnel.
o Provide oversight, guidance, and quality control relating oil and gas best practices
· Work closely with Operations team to:
o Analyze economics and risk assessments of major development programs.
o Evaluate economics of new well drilling, completions and workover operations, and enhanced recovery projects
· Work closely with Exploration Geology to:
o Identify, track, and interpret well results in both existing and emerging plays.
o Design and coordinate petrophysical studies
o Perform basin analysis to include historic production, current activity, future type curves, inventory, and economics.
o Provide reservoir engineering support to contingent resource evaluation of exploration plays.
· Perform reservoir studies including but not limited to:
o Develop and apply reservoir optimization techniques.
o Predict and evaluate waterflood and enhanced recovery performance.
o Develop cost-effective reservoir monitoring and surveillance programs.
Perform pressure and rate transient analysis to determine reserves and production potential
· 4 year college degree in Engineering required.
· Hands on field experience will be considered an asset
· Must have skill and expertise in preparation of technical specifications
· Must have in-depth knowledge in all reservoir operations
· Must have experience with reserve report preparation and audit
· Prior experience with oil and gas operating companies required. Service company experience would be an asset but not required.
· Travel will be required
· Intermediate to advanced verbal and written communication skills
REPORTS TO: VP Engineering
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPOTUNITY/ VETERANS/ DISABILITY
Job Type: Full-time
- reserve reporting: 1 year
- Reservoir Engineering: 8 years