|Date Posted||July 27, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Looking to expand aggressively and allocate significant investments towards new seismic technology focused on new exploitation methods.
One of the largest producers of oil & gas in the US focusing primarily on US onshore assets. Very technically driven company with world class facilities and technology offering an award winning work environment with extremely competitive compensation. The role will be extremely flexible and adaptable to your key technical skills allowing for an extremely effective contribution to the company and equally towards career growth and development from a technical and personal perspective.
- Reservoir engineering position responsible for maximizing value through reserve and production growth in company assets.
- Also includes budget preparation, SEC reserve evaluation, business planning and performance monitoring. Must work with minimum of
supervision as a critical component of multi-disciplinary team and have initiative and work ethic to create value.
- Reservoir surveillance of existing company properties to monitor production performance and make recommendations for optimization
of production rates and reserves.
- Carry out field and reservoir studies and perform reservoir engineering functions including decline curve analysis, material balance,
volumetrics, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc.
- Evaluate and initiate exploitation opportunities including new drill wells and workovers.
- Prepare production forecasts, operating plans, expenditure forecasts, etc. and evaluate economic models for asset valuations and budget preparation.
- Prepare project economics as required for exploitation and exploration operations and make appropriate AFE recommendations.
- Support exploration teams in evaluation of projects including construction of economic models, probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting and evaluation of possible development scenarios.
- Perform risked economic assessment including decision tree analysis.
- Make presentations to senior management and partners as required.
- Perform SEC reserve evaluation on company assets with emphasis on properly valuing assigned assets.
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams, prioritize projects & must have good interpersonal skills
- Minimum of BS in Engineering (preferably Petroleum).
- 10 yrs oil and gas industry experience.
- Some operations knowledge desired.
- Must have solid technical background in reservoir engineering including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc. and a good understanding of geology.
- Petrophysical analysis skills and reservoir simulation knowledge helpful.
- Must be able to work well in a multidisciplinary team environment, taking an informal lead position where appropriate.
- Must have a working knowledge of commercial oil and gas economics software.
- Able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have good presentation, communication and technical writing skills.
Location: North America
Job ID: HQ00008629
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 07/24/15