|Date Posted||September 21, 2015|
Privately held and aggressively growing A&D focused E&P business which has recently closed out their largest fund which will be used to build up the companies upstream portfolio of assets. This role would focus on non-op acquisitions throughout the L48 focusing on oil and gas properties. The company is lead by two highly reputable individuals with a significant track record in building and selling Oil & Gas investments and businesses.
- expert level or advanced use of reserves economics software.
- experience with production data software/platforms, experience quantifying reserves, analyzing well data (logs, pressure response, production history, operations reports etc.) and using all of this to prepare reserve valuation reports.
- knowing what data to analyze in order to build an economic model
- experience working PDP heavy transactions where a forensic data analysis approach is required to account for all economic variables used in the valuation.
- comfortable generating economic models from data that may not be offered up front as part of a sales package, but rather know what kind of data to ask for based on the assets being considered.
- strong plus if the candidate has production / operations engineering experience that can help understand the pitfalls associated with various well, field, production or equipment characteristics
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years as an acquisition focused engineer in a business development environment with muliple US basin experience
- Screening acquisitions between the ranges of $1MM to $500MM (ideally a variety of smaller <2MM and larger deal valuations)
- Screening at least 20 deals per year
- Conventional and Unconventional Experience
- Primary and Secondary recovery experience is a plus
- Experience completing multiple acquisitions in more than 3 geographic locations
- Experience analyzing detailed historical data associated with producing properties
* Focus on PDP evaluations
* Making use of financial data available with producing wells
* Not just acreage deals for example
- BS in engineering (Petroleum, Chemical, Mechanical etc)