|Date Posted||July 27, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
A leading global Commodity and Energy trading firm who is looking to utilize its significant financial power to expand its successful E&P division. The company has adopted a very aggressive growth strategy focusing on acquiring mature and undervalued assets which are US onshore.
This position will work with the business development team on projects to evaluate acquisition opportunities and will focus primarily on production and development projects. Specific responsibilities will include: conducting acquisition related technical due diligence, assisting with the development of acquisition economic models, assisting with the identification of potential acquisition candidates, and collaborating with other team members.
This will be an opportunity for a driven, self-motivated individual to work in a very fast paced, team environment. This position will report to the VP, Engineering and will be located in Houston.
- Conduct economic evaluations, budgeting, reserves estimation and field studies.
- Analyze data using software such as Aries, Wellview, Spotfire, etc.
- Conduct acquisition related technical due diligence
- Assist in developing acquisition economic models
- Assist with identifying potential acquisition candidates
- Assist management with formal presentations as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Reservoir Engineering
- Experience working in E&P acquisitions and divestitures
- Strong Aries proficiency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill
- Strong understanding of economic models and principles of reservoir engineering
- Understand of key economic drivers in acquisitions
- Strategic thinking and economic analysis skills
Location: North America
Job ID: HQ00009119
Job Type: Permanent