|Location||United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||March 19, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
- As a reservoir engineer with the company project provide input to the appraisal plan, appraisal well proposals, data acquisition and evaluation and in particular drive the well testing and fluid/pressure sampling and other associated data collection for the BSG appraisal.
- Work closely with the FDP and geoscience team to align appraisal requirements, transfer well results and support the FDP team with migration of the project through the opportunity realisation gates.
TASKS, DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Execute detailed reservoir engineering activities as part of the appraisal studies, ensuring that dynamic risks/uncertainties are mitigated where possible and properly reflected in models/workflows which address decisions to be made.
- Contribute to special dynamic modelling studies and to the overall technical and economical evaluation of the BSG project.
- Recommend usage of state of the art interpretation and evaluation technology.
- Facilitate frequent communication with peers in the area/studies teams such that opportunities for synergy and transfer of technology are realised.
- Deliver own integrated contribution in line with governance guidelines.
- Act as company interface with shell’s fluid evaluation team and help execute pressure testing, fluid sampling and fluid evaluation programs for critical company wells.
- Ensure that adequate analytical procedures are being followed and provide fluid property evaluations by integrating mud gas data, pressure data, PVT analyses, geochemical typing and flow assurance measurements.
- Work closely together with the testing experts in feast as well as well-testing experts to arrive at proper interpretation of the data and assure a seamless handover to the development teams.
- Work closely with external service providers to identify and help implement new technology in the field of fluid sampling and analysis and optimally plan and execute projects.
- Work with PTE and SME’s in the PVT and fluid modelling area to assure that knowledge gets absorbed in the organization and learning's are incorporated (two ways).
- Provide quality control of local PVT and other analytical laboratories
- Maintain frequent communication with pertinent stakeholders and customers.
- Managing both internal and external interfaces is key to successfully project delivery.
- Minimum Qualified University Degree in Petroleum/Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- 10 years experience in a wide variety of reservoir engineering roles.
- 1-5 years experience in some aspect of subsurface fluid evaluation would be an asset.
- Preference will be given to hands-on experience in field appraisal planning, well proposal preparation, data acquisition and welltest design, supervision and interpretation.
- Experience in sour gas well testing and well-test interpretation would be an asset.
- Related carbonate, sour gas appraisal and development experience is desired.
- Candidates should have hands-on capabilities including numerical modelling (mores, optionally eclipse), uncertainty analysis (SUM, experimental design), well test interpretation (saphir), PVT/EOS evaluation (PVTsim), SCAL interpretation (RELATE) and use of the above in dynamic models.
- Candidates should also have a good knowledge of related geosciences.
- Proficient geochemical and/or PVT interpretation skills.
- Experience with designing fluid evaluation programs is desirable but comparable well/operational planning expertise is also acceptable.
- Basic understanding of exploration and development issues and business drivers.
- Ability to work independently but still possesses good team skills and works well with staff in other disciplines.
- Large development project experience.
- Sour gas and middle eastern experience is a plus.
- Full commitment to core value principles (HSE, leadership, people values and ethics).