|Location||Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavor to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.Job Description
This role is available for 6 months, and will be responsible for executing reservoir engineering work and providing reservoir and petroleum engineering expertise/support to the Pre-sanction, Exploration, New Ventures & Business Development Teams in the areas of:
- Field appraisal & development planning activities
- Prospect evaluations for input to EAC approvals, Opportunity Screening PRI updates & Licence rounds
- Asset evaluations related to farm-in, farm-out and M&A activity
- Reserves and Resource evaluation and reporting process
Principal Accountabilities include:
Primary Development Team
- Support Concept Select, including production profiles for concept decision analysis
- Complete the reservoir engineering portions of Field Development Plan
- Provide reservoir engineering inputs for Basis for Well Design and Well Proposals
- Co-ordinate business plan forecasting profiles and reporting inputs
- Support resource volumes and reporting updates
- Support application of production system modelling for integrated development forecasting and optimization
New Development Team Support
- Provide reservoir engineering technical support to new development team(s) as required
- Update exploration prospect volumes incorporating reprocessed seismic
- Carry out exploration prospect MBal modelling
- Follow Shell Life Savings rules
- Ensure the quality of reservoir engineering inputs to key process safety deliverables (basis for design, HAZOPs)
- Minimum five (5) years experience as a reservoir engineer in a variety of reservoir and fluid types, in different geological settings.
- Experienced in reservoir modelling and simulation and skilled user of Eclipse.
- Experience with offshore gas developments and Wells, Facilities and Reservoir Management (optimisation) an advantage.
- Experienced in uncertainty modelling relevant Reservoir Engineering software and workflows (PVT, SCAL, reserves, decline analyses, well modelling & nodal analysis).
- Sound understanding of associated subsurface and other related disciplines (eg. geology, geophysics, drilling, facilities, economics), with proven ability to operate effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment and to promote integrated working practices.
- Good understanding of the reserves reporting process and the associated standards and guidelines.
- Good understanding of the commercial drivers of an Upstream Asset or willingness to develop commercial understanding
IMPORTANT: due to system issues, the option "Trinidad and Tobago" is currently unavailable on the "Country/Region of Interest" section of this application process. Therefore, when you reach this particular section after starting your application, please select another country in Latin America region, and keep in mind that this will not affect your application in any way. No. of Positions 1 Disclaimer Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Removal Date 21-Apr-2017