|Date Posted||May 7, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||0|
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Our Energy Resources group in the Infrastructure & Environment Business Unit specializes in providing innovative approaches to solving difficult problems in the areas of oil and gas exploration and production and using or storing carbon dioxide generated during energy production and use. We use advanced earth science tools, methods, and models to characterize geologic systems for the oil and gas industry and for long term storage of CO2, including enhanced hydrocarbon recovery. Our clients include large and small oil and gas companies, engineering companies, electric utilities, and federal and state governments.
Our ER group is currently seeking a Reservoir Engineer. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
As a Reservoir Engineer, the selected individual will provide reservoir analysis under the guidance of senior engineering staff. Work will be with our oil and gas exploration and production and carbon utilization and storage programs. Examples of responsibilities based on current or anticipated projects include:
- Performing simulations of CO2 injection into saline aquifers and depleted oil fields,
- Developing simplified models of fluid injection and pressure buildup,
- Estimating reserves and improved oil recovery potential based on historical production data,
- Analyzing transient pressure and rate data from brine disposal, shale gas and CO2 injection wells.
- Interact with both internal and external clients to convey results or present findings through briefings
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- MS or PhD in petroleum engineering or a closely related field
- 0-2 years experience in reservoir engineering
- a strong background in porous media flow modeling concepts and subsurface flow and transport simulators (e.g., IMEX/GEM, ECLIPSE, TOUGH2)
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience in the Appalachian Basin, Michigan Basin and/or the Illinois Basin
- Awareness of carbon sequestration
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.