|Location||Moscow, Russian Federation|
|Date Posted||October 14, 2017|
This position is within the BP Russia Reservoir Development Team, reporting to the Manager of Reservoir Management, based in Moscow.
BP Russia has a 19.75% shareholding in Rosneft and has agreements to jointly develop a greenfield in East Siberia, appraise a field in West Siberia and explore in Areas of Mutual Interest (AMI’s) amounting to over 400,000 sqkm across the country.
The team is responsible for evaluating new business development opportunities, oversight & influencing of Joint Ventures and technical studies for the shareholder team. BP’s interests in Russia range from frontier exploration to giant mature water-floods and from tight carbonates to viscous oilrim developments and high-perm gas
This individual will work within the BP Reservoir Development team, undertaking cross-discipline technical studies aimed at maximising value for BP.
Longer term, the incumbent may have the opportunity to move into one of the BP-Rosneft Joint Venture teams responsible for exploration, appraisal and development activity.
• Provide BP input and best practice to technical studies done by the JV and technical institutes. Participate in Joint Venture meetings and informal discussions.
• Provide technical recommendations to BP management on Joint Venture appraisal, development and reservoir management decisions.
• Support field development planning, including alternative depletion strategies and reservoir management plans.
• Provide reservoir and well performance analysis and predictions based on classical engineering (including material balance and PBU analysis), mechanistic models and 3D simulation studies
• Develop appropriate development concepts for exploration licence and prospect evaluations based on analogue and best practice assumptions.
• Support risk identification and management process throughout appraisal and development phases of projects.
• Support reserves & resource estimation and reporting processes.
• Develop a deep understanding of how BP works in the areas or reservoir engineering and field development planning.• Participate in global BP networks
University Degree or Masters in Petroleum/Reservoir Engineering
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of 4 years industry experience in reservoir engineering.
• Understanding of reservoir simulation and modelling, waterflooding, surveillance planning/ analysis, production & reserves forecasting.
• Good interdisciplinary awareness across subsurface, wells, facilities & finance.• Ability to develop excellent working relationships with others.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (E.G. TRAVEL, LOCATION)
DESIRABLE CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS
Experience in conventional and low permeability gas reservoirs.
Experience in Enhanced Oil Recovery.Operational experience.
IS THIS A PART TIME POSITION?
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.
[ "28-Oct-2017" ]