|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||January 17, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Job Number: 027 – Reservoir Engineer (Candidates must include job number on submitted resume to be considered for position.)
Terra Energy is looking for motivated technical professionals to join our Piceance Basin Business Unit. The Asset multi-disciplined Reservoir Management Teams require talented geoscientists and engineers to describe the reservoir model, drive large development drilling programs, and capture new opportunities to increase value rapidly.
- Develop economic models that connect the activities associated with Development Plans to financial outcomes
- Utilize RTA to optimize rates and generate type curves.
- Perform DCA analysis on large sets of wells
- Lead the reserves documentation process in assigned field areas
- Support fast-paced drilling operations, including continued integration of new drilling information and identification of new/updated drilling locations
- Support business development as needed
- Actively participate in reservoir surveillance activities and support resulting well actions
- Mentor less experienced engineers and team members
- Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience with at least 5 years of field development experience in unconventional and tight gas regions
- Expert in the application of advanced engineering workflows and software, including Aries, Access and Spotfire
- Significant experience in advanced DCA
- Experience with RTA software and analysis of tight/unconventional gas properties.
- Skills across a broad range of petro-technical disciplines including: core analysis and description, sequence stratigraphy, geochemistry, petrophysics, geophysics, geomechanics, analytics, reservoir/production and drilling engineering
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment
- Independent, self-motivated, and results-oriented with the experience to drive a project to completion
- Effective technical presentation and writing skills
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- Terra will not provide sponsorship for an employment-based visa now or in the future
- Experience in MVA (multi variant analysis) of horizontal wells
- Experience in the Piceance Basin, Colorado
Terra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Mail us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org