|Date Posted||August 18, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Title: Development Engineer
Req Id: 35121
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing Date: September 1, 2015
The Chauvin field currently strives to provide stable oil generated cash flow through a relentless focus on base production maintenance and low risk infill drilling. Future and growth initiatives include evaluating EOR and acquisition/aggregation opportunites.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Team Lead of Engineering for Chauvin, this Calgary based position will support the ongoing development of conventional heavy oil properties in Alberta and Saskatchewan with a focus on horizontal and vertical well development and the monitoring and optimization of existing waterfloods. Working in a multi-disciplinary team environment, this position requires the candidate to demonstrate strong communication, subsurface analytical abilities, field development planning and execution skills and provides the opportunity to be involved in a full range of responsibilities including:
Development Planning and Execution
- Through collaborattive planning, coordinate and integrate all functional groups to prepare annual and full field development plans.
- Development program execution:
- Identify and permit new well locations to strategically develop well inventory.
- Create and manage execution schedules in collaboration with the asset team
- Coordinate with operations and facilities to plan new well tie-ins, infrastructure upgrades and expansions.
- Conduct economic and technical evaluations with an emphasis on decision assurance principles.
- Development of type curves and production forecasts
- Identifying and quantifying geological, reservoir and execution risk
- Prepare budgets and reforecasts. Identify capital and production risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Submit regulatory applications in support of field development and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Conduct competitor analysis and market research and incorporate into evaluations.
- Support JV, Land, and Business Development through technical and economic evaluation of land swaps, farm-ins, acquisitions, etc.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
Reservoir Evaluation & Management
- Providing reservoir engineering support for the design and evaluation of conventional heavy oil infill and development drilling programs.
- Coordinating work with multi-disciplinary teams to aid in generation of, and providing technical assurance to, development plans and production modeling.
- Waterflood planning, management and optimization, including: monitoring voidage replacement, setting and communicating injection targets, reconfiguring pattern designs, evaluating conversion options and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Evaluation and review of heavy oil reserves through decline analysis, volumetric analysis and simulation.
The ideal candidate will possess:
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- P.Eng designation
- Demonstrated practical conventional heavy oil reservoir/development/exploitation engineering experience
- 5 to 10 years experience in an upstream Oil and Gas Engineering discipline
- Field/Operations experience considered an asset
- Understanding of regulatory, royalties, and reserves reporting requirements in Alberta and Saskatchewan
Technical Qualifications and Software
- Solid foundation in discounted cash flow analysis and economic evaluation.
- Familiar with reservoir engineering concepts including well test analysis (RTA and PTA), PVT, simulation principles, etc.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to proficently use Excel, Wellspring, Accumap, Value Navigator, WellView and Oil Field Manager, Geographix, Petrel.
- Reservoir simulation experience considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that will enable you to effectively interact with cross-functional team members to advance projects and communicate with Senior Management.
- Motivated to learn and demonstrates initiative.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and business acumen.
- Desire to help create a positive work environment
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving, dynamic team environment
- Highly organized, capable of assimilating large volumes of data without losing sight of overall objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to define project objectives, resolve data discrepencies, evaluate the effect of uncertainties, evaluate multiple scenarios and justify the reccomeneed solution
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
- This position will require successful completion of background reference checks as well as education and credentials verification