|Date Posted||May 25, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for a Reservoir Development Engineer. The Reservoir Development Engineer will create development plans to advance Husky Energy’s Emerging Oil Sands properties to first production as well as generate related short term & long term budget and development details while fostering a safe and effective HOIMS environment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Promote and maintain a HOIMS culture within each Husky project
- Working in a diverse multi-disciplined team, generate, present and execute subsurface development projects to advance new development areas at Sunrise to first production within AER boundaries.
- Provide Thermal Reservoir Engineering Support (ie. Well spacing, drainage mechanisms)
- Simulate different scenarios to understand drivers and pick optimum
- Develop and update the 5 year plan for Sunrise development
- Support Regulatory Application Process
- Keep informed of new oil sands technology with possible applications and stay knowledgeable of competitor performance in thermal projects.
- Stay in contact with Reservoir Surveillance Team to understand current Production Performance and ensure learnings are transferred to Development work
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- MSc or PhD
- Registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with APEGA
- Prior experience with Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) or other applicable thermal experiences
- A minimum 5 years of experience in the oil and gas industry in the areas of production/reservoir engineering
- Well-developed computer skills are required with proficiency Microsoft office suite
- Strong communication and problem solving skills with the ability to quickly understand the Company's corporate culture/environment