|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 18, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
JOB TITLE: Research Reservoir Geophysicst
The Reservoir Geophysicist, will be responsible for establishing seismic processing workflows, data conditioning and high resolution seismic inversion, AVO and rock physical analysis. Candidate should have proven track record in geophysical processing and reservoir geophysics with at least 8 years of industrial experience. Position will play an important part in a R&D based multi-disciplinary reservoir geophysics team.
- Will be responsible for insuring data quality and establish “fit-for-purpose” workflows, to optimize the quality and resolution of elastic inversion.
- Will make reservoir property prediction from seismic inversion results using rock physical analysis.
- Complete high quality processing and inversion projects, timely and within budgets.
- Collaborate with team members in geophysics and other disciplines such as geology, petrophysics, rock physics and computer science, to produce efficient and quality products.
- Help to develop and implement new algorithms and workflows.
- Foster technical solutions, enhance project execution efficiency, ensure effective team participation.
- Perform quality control, monitoring, and interpretation of geophysical data.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Solid understanding of seismic wave propagation, numerical analysis, and related signal processing technologies.
- Thorough understanding of and hand-on experiences with seismic processing workflows for elastic inversion.
- Ability to examine data and objectives to establish appropriate workflows for best quality and resolution of elastic inversion.
- Ability to track, analyze new technology trends, and write clear in-depth reports on new processing technologies and workflows.
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and manage time efficiently while multi-tasking.
- Team player with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional attitude and demeanor in dealing with all levels of staff, vendors and customers.
- Must have the ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment.
- High degree of integrity, responsibility and self-discipline.
- Strong experience with industry seismic processing and inversion software tools, such as Hampson & Russell, Jason, etc.
- Proficiency with programming languages, Linux script and high performance computing systems is a strong plus.
- Will need to attend local conferences, symposiums and the likes; to expand upon industry relationships and networking.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, LICENSES and EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Geophysics, or related Geoscience disciplines (mathematics, physics, and/or computer science) is required, from an accredited university.
- PhD in same disciplines is preferred.
- 8+ years’ working experience in seismic data processing with strong skills in data conditioning for AVO analysis and elastic inversion.
- Must have 3-5 years of software development experience working within geophysics or rock physics.
- Must have 5+ years working with any of the following software: C/C++, Fortran, CUDA, Linux, or equivalent type programming software.
- Must have strong ability to use Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required. <5%.
- Recent certifications are preferred.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- No Relocation extended.
* * * No Agency Referrals * * *