|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||November 8, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
The Research Geophysicist will be responsible for research and development (R&D) in seismic inversion, seismic attribute analyses, and various relevant geophysical technologies. Rock physical analysis experience is a strong plus. Candidate should have proven track record in geophysical R&D.
- Research and develop software in rock physical modeling and petrophysical interpretations.
- Track and analyze technology trends in petrophysics and rock physics.
- Will be responsible for preparing technical reports for management and other parties as required.
- Complete quality projects timely and within constraints of budget requirements.
- Collaborate with team members in geology, geophysics, computer science, and other disciplines.
- Participate in industry technical consortia, conferences, symposiums, maintaining current industry network and creating new connections.
- Promote and abide by company health, safety and environmental policies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Solid understanding of seismic wave propagation, numerical analysis, and related signal processing technologies.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, Fortran, and CUDA.
- Familiar with Linux and high performance computing systems.
- Experience with industry seismic inversion and rock physics tools a strong plus.
- Ability to track, analyze new technology trends, and write clear in-depth reports.
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and manage time efficiently while multi-tasking.
- Team player with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional attitude and demeanor in dealing with all levels of staff, vendors and customers.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, LICENSES and EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Geophysics, or related Geoscience disciplines (mathematics, physics, and/or computer science) is required, from an accredited university.
- PhD in same disciplines is preferred.
- Minimum 5+ year’s experience in Geophysics and rock physics working in the oil and gas industry.
- Must have 3-5 years of software development experience working within geophysics or rock physics.
- Must have 5+ years working with any of the following software: C/C++, Fortran, CUDA, Linux, or equivalent type programming software.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Recent certifications are preferred.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- No Relocation extended.
* * * No Agency Referrals * * *
Apply directly to this job posting by visiting our website: www.sinopecthc.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Houston, TX
- Software Development: 3 years
- Petrophysics: 5 years
Required license or certification:
- Texas Driver's License, or have the ability to obtain one.