|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 8, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Job Title: Research Geophysicist
General Description: The Research Geophysicist will have extensive Research and Development (R&D) experience with seismic imaging & related algorithms, and various relevant Geophysical technologies. Candidate will interpret, evaluate various seismic data to determine the technologies to apply in imaging. Candidate should have a proven track record in the oil and gas industry having vast knowledge and experience working with various regions.
- Solid understanding of seismic imaging or related technologies.
- Experienced knowledge of geological analysis.
- Research and develop seismic imaging or related technologies.
- Will need to utilize creative, innovative approaches to maximize the accuracy and efficiency of geophysical technologies.
- Mentor and train colleagues, applying solid knowledge of geophysical disciplines to various projects.
- Preparing consolidate technical reports for management and other parties as required.
- Collaborates well with other employees.
- Ensures timely and technically competent completion of work within budget limitations.
- Promotes the company health safety and environmental policies, procedures, regulations and objectives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge in seismic propagation, numerical simulation, seismic imaging, seismic inversion, and related research topics.
- Strong programming skills including C/C++, Fortran, and CUDA.
- Familiar with Linux and high performance computing systems.
- Ability to do present technical topics to peers and management.
- Promote industry best practices and work safety.
- Must be able to read and write English fluently.
- Effective communication, problem-solving and teamwork.
- Strong project management skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, LICENSES and EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree (from an accredited school) in geophysics, mathematics, physics, computer science or related Geophysical discipline.
- Must have 5+ years industry related experience working in the Oil & Gas industry as a geophysicist.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
* * * No Agency Referrals * * *