|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||December 12, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||20|
JOB TITLE: Research Geophysical Advisor
The Geophysical Advisor will be part of a small team supporting and mentoring local geophysicists with the creation of innovative technologies relating to seismic imaging and the entrepreneurial spirit of the leadership team. Candidate will be responsible for completing sophisticated Research and Development (R&D) based projects focusing on seismic imaging and related areas. Must provide an innovative approach to new geophysical processes relating to tomography inversions, algorithms, pre-processing, imaging, seismic attribute analyses, and other relevant geophysical technologies. Candidate will act as a mentor to geophysical team and have proven track record in R&D based geophysics.
- Collaborate with other geophysicists to produce solid developmental plans for seismic imaging and or related technologies.
- Propose creative and innovative approaches that maximize the accuracy and efficiency of various seismic related projects.
- Research and develop software in geophysical interpretations and modeling.
- Proven expert in seismic inversion and amplitude analysis.
- Will be responsible for preparing technical reports for management and other parties as required.
- Complete quality projects timely and within constraints of budget requirements.
- Participate in industry technical consortia, conferences, symposiums, maintaining current industry network and creating new connections.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Solid understanding of seismic wave propagation, numerical analysis, seismic imaging, seismic inversion and related technologies.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, Fortran, and CUDA.
- Must be a strategic thinker capable of introducing innovative and sound solutions.
- Familiar with Linux and high performance computing systems.
- Experience with industry seismic inversion and rock physics tools a strong plus.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be proficient with wide variety of Geoscience software utilizing reservoir properties, and facies, cross-sectional seismic calibration.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical data through preparation and presentation of clear, concise, and persuasive reports and presentations.
- Must have the ability to deliver outstanding results with minimum supervision.
- Ability to track, analyze new technology trends, and write clear in-depth reports.
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and manage time efficiently while multi-tasking.
- Team player with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to lead by example and be an excellent role model for team.
- Professional attitude and demeanor in dealing with all levels of staff, vendors and customers.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, LICENSES and EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Geophysics, or related Geoscience disciplines (mathematics, physics, and/or computer science) is required, from an accredited university.
- PhD in same disciplines is highly preferred.
- Minimum 20+ year’s experience in Geophysics and rock physics working in the oil and gas industry.
- Must have 10+ years of software development experience working within geophysics or rock physics.
- Must have 10+ years working with any of the following software: C/C++, Fortran, CUDA, Linux, or equivalent type programming software.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required. <15% annually.
- Recent certifications in any of the following area: safety, software/development and or programming, people management courses, is preferred.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record, or have the ability to obtain one.
- No Relocation extended.
* * * No Agency Referrals * * *
Department: Exploration and Production
This is a full time position