|Date Posted||February 10, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Research & Development / Reservoir Simulation Engineer located in Houston, TX through February 19, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time). Position Details: Overview:
Chevron is looking to fill a role to conduct research and development (R&D) in reservoir simulation, specifically in fractured reservoir modeling using discrete fracture matrix (DFM) approach. The qualified candidate will join a team in Chevron Energy Technology Company in Houston, Texas. This team is responsible for research, development, deployment, and support of Chevron’s key proprietary reservoir modeling technology and workflow.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Primary responsibilities include R&D in advanced DFM technologies to model fluid/energy flow in naturally or hydraulically fractured reservoirs, implementation of solutions in in-house platforms, and deployment to end users in Chevron operating companies.
- The qualified candidate will also work with external researchers via joint industry projects or consortia.
- Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering and demonstrated ability to carry out R&D and implementing research results in a reservoir simulator
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in DFM for modeling recovery mechanisms in conventional and unconventional fractured reservoirs
- Direct experience in Embedded Discrete-Fracture-Matrix (EDFM) and unstructured DFM (USDFM) workflows
- Ability to implement new solutions and workflows under earth modeling platforms (Gocad/Petrel) using C++
- Knowledge of conventional dual-porosity and dual-permeability approaches for fractured reservoir simulation
- Experience in software/workflow user support and training
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.