|Location||The Woodlands, United States|
|Date Posted||December 1, 2017|
~~Employee Type Consulting
Monday thru Friday
Job location The Woodlands/Conroe, Texas 77380
Overview of Position: This position reports to and provides regulatory support to the Project Drilling Manager and Drilling Superintendent (International). It requires a high level of independence and also serves as an integral communications link of Real-Time well operations matters to the Team and its Clients.
Real-time Operations Engineering Supervisor must be somebody who is self-motivated, learns quickly, anticipates needs, works independently, supervises its Team and has demonstrated the ability to multitask and get the job done 24 hours per day. The successful candidate needs strong interpersonal skills, a keen eye for attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Provide daily supervision of a Real Times Operations center in offices in the US, the Field Support office in the Middle East as well as data from multiple (10+) land drilling rigs and service rig (5+) operations
• Will be responsible for the proper integration of the installation of equipment to provide data from the field rigs, including the demonstrated successful SIT of this equipment prior to rig mobilization to the Middle East
• Provided review of available Real-time software to capture, provide analysis and display real-time data at each rig including recommendation for utilization.
• Handles all responsibilities including managing and planning the Real-time Operations Team calendar in Outlook, finalizing agendas for meetings, conferences and special functions. Leads team meetings and maintains action item lists.
• Reviews e-mail and incoming correspondence, prioritizing items that need immediate attention and assigning action items as appropriate. Compose replies as needed with proper handling of sensitive and confidential material.
• Approves all Real Times Operations costs to support well construction services and Team billings to the client to support Accounting, approves timesheets for employees/consultants
• Assists in the onboarding of personnel for the Company
• Approves and reviews expense reports with appropriate documentation.
• Maintains effective communications with the company leadership team and to a broad array of internal and external contacts.
• Provides supervision of Real-Time Operations engineering and other technical 24/7 support to the Drilling Superintendent and the Engineering and Field Operations Teams.
• Preparing the RFP/RFQ documents, bid tabulations, recommendation for award on purchases not covered by existing contracts;
• Providing market information (e.g. bid estimates, pricing trends, availability of goods);
• Ensuring project purchasing activities are consistent with purchasing policies and philosophies (i.e. material standardization, use of contracts, consistency with international procurement standards);
• Assembling contractor historical safety statistics to be utilized in evaluating and awarding well construction projects.
• Maintains effective communications with the leadership team and represents to a broad array of internal and external contacts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5-10 years' experience with increasing level of responsibility and demonstrated sustained strong performance in supervision and support of a Real-Time collection of data from rigs, both onshore and offshore, analysis and technical support to Well Construction Teams
• Must be able to handle all activities with high level of initiative and independence while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
• Detailed knowledge of export regulations
• Able to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the business
• Ability to collaborate and partner with other parts of the organization Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to multi-task, anticipate needs and requirements and follow through. Strong organizational skills and attention to details are crucial.
• Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with all levels of employees to convey ideas.
• Ability to problem solve and use good judgement in making sound decisions quickly.
• Ability to travel offshore to international locations up to 35% of time as necessary
• Strong team player and interpersonal skills and strong skills with demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of employees. Must adapt to different work styles and remain calm under pressure.
• Strong computer skills required with advanced proficiency in MS office applications. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Minimum of 15-30 years' experience overall experience in drilling operations providing direct support to executive-level and operations management personnel.
• Oil and Gas experience/knowledge.
• Is flexible with work schedule.
• Demonstrated strong current performance.
• College degree required
Relocation Options: Relocation will not be considered
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
We regret that we are unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position. RRBEI-06-17: Real-Time Operations Engineering Supervisor