|Date Posted||June 15, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||6|
- Qatar Labor Law (Article 18)
You will be responsible for ensuring safe and reliable gas delivery from Shell’s wells. Your priority will be responding to requests from offshore and onshore operations to optimize production and maintain well integrity. You will be the owner of the Pearl GtL Prosper and Production Universe well models. You will be responsible to ensure the Production Technology (PT) aspects of the Shell’s Global Well, Reservoir, and Facility Management (WRFM) minimum requirements are maintained and will provide steer to improve the application of WRFM standards for Pearl GtL. You will also be responsible for ensuring well integrity compliance in accordance with Group and local well integrity standards and will demonstrate safety leadership when in the field.
You will be a part of the multi-disciplinary Pearl GtL WRFM Team and will work closely with the reservoir engineers, petrophysicists, and production geologists to deepen Shell’s understanding of the North Field through execution of the WRFM Value Loop. You will be the primary WRFM contact for production operations and process technology to ensure the full “Facility” value is maximized in WRFM processes and, in doing so, you will play a key role in integrating the upstream and downstream elements of Pearl GtL. You will work with the North Field Subsurface Team to provide value creation PT input if additional development wells are required. You will be one of only a few PTs in country and will need to be comfortable leading the PT community in your areas of expertise and equally comfortable in reaching out for support in areas where you are developing.
In addition, you will play a key role in shaping the future of the Pearl GtL WRFM team. Pearl GtL is a new operating unit within Integrated Gas, a new line of business. This newness creates opportunity to shape the future of WRFM within Qatar as well as for future Integrated Gas assets. In the local context, you will be a dedicated technical coach for developing Qatari talent and will have annual goals related to the coaching and development of others. You will be joining the Pearl GtL WRFM team at a time where you will be able to influence the prioritization and participate in the execution of a significant number of offshore well interventions.
- Qatar Labor Law (Article 18)
- Commitment to personal and process safety
- 6+ years experience as a production technologist
- Solid track record of coaching, mentoring, and leading others to mutual solution.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Familiarity with WRFM value loop and standards
- Demonstrated ability to mature well-related projects, including well intervention
- Self awareness of technical strengths and gaps with confidence to lead where you are strong and ask for help where you have technical gaps
- Professional in handling confidential and most confidential data
Strong communicator who is able to adapt style to audience needs
- Ability to positively influence the team while remaining open to differences of opinion
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in WRFM, big-bore gas wells, PetEx IPSM, and Production Universe
- The Candidate should also have University Degree