|Date Posted||May 28, 2018|
Purpose of Job
The Well and Reservoir Management team constantly optimizes production system performance from reservoir to stock tank, defining Reservoir Management and Surveillance Plans under the umbrella of the Field Development and Management Strategy. They manage & analyze wells and reservoir performance against plan, maintain the well models and hence are the key holders of field knowledge.
They drive identification of new oil generating opportunities and issue field optimization proposals.
This posted position is for a Production Technologist in one of the carbonate or sandstone water flooded fields in a very mature cluster in PDO that needs staff in Petroleum and Production Engineering who can proactively manage complex multilayered reservoirs with strong technical skills in inflow improvement, artificial lift (mainly ESPs, GL, BP and PCPs) and Conformance management. Work closely with operations, engineering, well engineering, well services and other Service Providers and Contractors to optimize production from the existing asset, in addition to having the opportunity to interact across PDO via one of the network technical focus groups (TFG’s), thus providing a lot of exposure internally.
• Develop and execute viable, cost-effective well & reservoir management strategies and surveillance programmers that include consideration of evolving or latest well production technologies
• Participate in integrated reviews (wells, reservoirs, fields, PSOs), monitor well production/injection performance and enhance production profiles within the well bore to improve primary, secondary or tertiary recovery
• Monitoring daily production and injection performance and ensure effective production data management in conjunction with the Operations department.
• Identify, evaluate and recommend remedial well work to enhance production and injection, improve inflow performance and waterflood recovery through well design, re-completion optimisation, alternative production methods, stimulation, selective isolation, opportunities, etc. Requiring key skills to carry out and perform; Nodal system analysis, tubing sizing, IPR & VLP analysis for all well types, sensitivity analysis, using PROSPER software, Acid stimulation and perforation design (StimPlan, SPOT)
• Prepare technical proposals independently, including, but not limited to; Well intervention proposals, Acid stimulation and Hydraulic fracture stimulation design (Ghofer, FracPro or StimPlan), well clean-out, perforating and Zonal isolation activities proposals.
• Carry out Tubing Stress Analysis for cemented tubing and conventional tubing & packer completions (WellCat Tube) and material selection for tubular & elastomeric compounds.
• Carry out detailed design of Artificial Lift systems, particularly of BP, PCPs, ESPs and Gas Lift and optimize their performance.
• Participate in Root Cause Analysis exercises; attend tear-downs and liaise with Artificial Lift technical specialists to identify or suggest AL system and data base improvements.
• Actively participate in the Technical Focus Groups for the various Artificial Lift Systems to share knowledge and improve processes
• Able to evaluate and recommend sand Control & sand management strategy
• Identify and run necessary cased hole logs to assess flow performance and ensure well integrity meets minimum standard. Call for and prepare well integrity repairs when needed
• The role also requires effective liaison not only with other Petroleum Engineering disciplines, but also to closely work with Well Engineering, Process Engineering and Production Operations staff to recommend facility options that would reduce system bottlenecks e.g water and gas handling, disposal and injection justify flow line and common line repairs, as cost effective as possible, resulting in a viable economical project and achieving target improvements.
• Support deployment of technology to improve well & reservoir performance in water flooded fields
• University degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent technical subject
• Technically strong in own PE field with good all around knowledge of other PE disciplines with typically a minimum of 7 years of experience.
• Can work well in multidisciplinary teams, is a strong team player and effective communicator.