|Date Posted||March 9, 2018|
As a Production Technologist for our Wolf Lake/Primrose operations, you will be part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for maximizing production rates, uptime, and resource recovery. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with a demonstrated track record of executing high quality value adding initiatives.
This is a 5X2 position based out of our Wolf Lake office north of Bonnyville and is eligible for:
• Relocation to the Bonnyville/Cold Lake area.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – RELOCATION - BENEFITS!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Maximizing production by closely monitoring well performance, developing appropriate interventions, and completing optimization projects
• Reducing operating costs by working with the team to challenge status-quo and developing new and creative initiatives that reduce costs, increase reliability and reduce downtime
• Work closely with the Calgary based Engineering teams (Production, Exploitation, Facilities, Projects), acting as the field point of contact ensuring initiatives are prioritized and executed effectively to meet the production and financial targets
• Communicate effectively between Calgary technical staff and field team to integrate subsurface goals and field execution
• Troubleshooting well & pump failures, working with the team to develop and identify opportunities to improve reliability and performance
• Troubleshoot testing issues and perform AGAR calibrations
• Onsite casing integrity/failure checks, co-ordinate N2 suppressions, and assist in well kill operation
• Make a difference through direct hands on involvement in the start-up and commissioning of new wells and facilities ensuring solid team work and done right the first time
• Providing day-day technical support to Operations and Maintenance
• Train and mentor junior Production Engineers going through their field EIT rotations
• Utilizing the Management of Change system to effectively design and execute Pad facility modifications
• Proactively managing regulatory requirements
• Typically 3+ years of industry experience in an operating oil and gas production facility
• Registered with APEGA or ASET
• SAGD, CSS and/or steamflood production operations experience preferred
• Well completions and well servicing knowledge
• Trained or willing to train utilizing Principles of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and Four Disciplines of Execution Excellence (4DX)
To see related Technician/Technologist roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Technician-Technologist
Our Thermal In Situ Oil Sands Operations
Canadian Natural’s oil sands assets offer professionals with proven expertise an unparalleled opportunity to enhance those skills in a wide variety of projects throughout the Athabasca and Cold Lake Oil Sands areas. Your initiative as a self-starter will be maximized inside our defined growth plan strategy by utilizing leading edge CSS and SAGD technologies on long term projects to capture the value in our vast portfolio of assets. Your innovation is welcomed at Canadian Natural.