|Date Posted||May 7, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
• Review –in agreement with drilling department- the well design and architecture that will be used on future wells.
• Review existing data and plan and recommend additional data acquisition (if required).
• For each well architecture/design and sensitivity analyses, prepare and provide the required vertical flow performance tables (Prosper) to include them into the reservoir simulation.
• Obtain short term forecasts -from analytical methods- of well productivity based on its architecture and design. Allign results with reservoir engineers.
• Evaluate well by well PI and IPR/TPR performance.
• Provide support to reservoir engineers for simulation and well testing.
• Investigate and propose remedial actions for wax/paraffin/asphaltenes problems; initiate, develop and monitor producers and water disposal/injection wells
• Collaborate with concept/process engineers to provide technical input into the development plan or the upgrade of facilities, from the “Statement of Requirements” (conceptual designs for projects) through commissioning and start up.
• Monitor well performance on a continuous basis, prepare and propose remedial actions on each well in order to increase oil productivity, and/or decrease “non-oil” production (e.g: gas/water shut-off, CT clean-up, etc).
• Be able to provide technical assistance on-site (i.e. field) when required.
• Participate in technical studies concerning water/gas injection, disposal and artificial lift projects, oil and gas operations, facilities optimization or modification, as assigned.
• Recommend and supervise trials of new surface and down-hole equipment and keep abreast of technological development in the field of corrosion mitigation and control.
• Analyze and propose H2S/CO2 completion-type resistance.
• Participate in the preparation of the department budget as applicable to production engineering.
• Attend the required meetings, work plan preparation in time and responsible manner.
• Review the tracking of expected activity against expected schedule.
• Review and provide feedback on the inputs required to generate reliable well tests.
• Inject ideas to improve available data and recommend additional data.
• Perform the quality control of the output for the work
• Sign the files in line with Document Control regulations
• Instruct and verify the cost estimates relevant to the workload
• Conduct the cost estimate for the outsource service Position Requirements Functional skills
What technical skills are required for success in the role?• B.Sc. degree in Petroleum Production Engineering or equivalent. Master degree in related technical discipline is considered a plus.
• Prior experience in well related activities, including artificial lift methods, vertical flow performance, IPR/TPR, etc. are required.
• Field experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams is a big plus.
What are the personal and interpersonal skills required for success in the role?
• Independent problem solver with minimal supervision.
• Motivated and an excellent communicator
• Focused towards achieving goals/milestones and delivering quality and well documented work per DMS standard.
What background and practical experience are necessary for success in the role?
• Have more than 12 years of oil or gas field development of experience, at least 4 years of field experience on production engineering related activities. West Africa experience a plus.
• Knowledge of reservoir management concepts and dedicated software, such as: Prosper, Saphir, MBAL, etc.
• Field Development / Appraisal and Production Operations / Monitoring Experience
• Familiarity with oil and gas wells as well as deviated and horizontal wellbores.
• Travel as necessary to Europe and West Africa