|Location||Monaca, United States|
|Date Posted||January 17, 2018|
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
The Pennsylvania Chemical Plant, formerly known as Project Franklin, will be a world-scale petrochemical plant in Western Pennsylvania that upgrades locally-produced ethane from Marcellus and Utica shale formations gas production to make polyethylene. As construction of the site progresses, the site is now growing to support Commissioning and Start-Up activities and prepare for full operation in the early 2020s.
During Commissioning and Start-up (CSU) and normal operation, the Production Team Leader (PTL) is responsible for leading a shift team such that operational priorities are understood and met. The role includes understanding the short-term business plan for operating areas and supporting activities to achieve objectives with a strong focus on safety, compliance, throughputs, yields and energy usage. The role assures the operating team is utilizing the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Ensure Safe Production (ESP) work processes to operate units within defined limits and deliver reliable operation.
The role will start in days and the role includes preparation of training material and procedures, delivery of training to the operators and support commissioning activities. When the unit is Ready for Commissioning (RFC), the PTL will move to shift and be responsible for leading the shift teams from CSU to normal operations.
Included in the accountabilities and responsibilities for this role are:
- Assure Health, Safety & Environmental management systems are executed and take action to address performance gaps
- Assure injuries and environmental events are reported and follow-up activities are initiated to prevent further incidents
- Understand unit targets and support operators in meeting these goals or resolving issues.
- Encourage, facilitate and actively participate in team decision making and troubleshooting efforts.
- Provide input to risk assessment in support of maintenance work prioritization.
- Review operational team shift turnovers and end-of-shift reports to assure quality and content is meeting ESP expectations.
- Work with Operators to understand and resolve alarm issues and RCM exception items
- Be a coach and mentor to team members.
- Conduct performance reviews and administer positive discipline process.
- Administer attendance policy and direct personnel to assure all positions are filled
- Identify team development needs
Pennsylvania Chemicals is committed to creating a legacy of care, respect, and innovation for future generations, and is seeking team members whose behaviors align with our core values of Ownership, Innovation, Partnership, Communityship, and Customer-Centricity. As a leader at the site, the Production Team Lead has a critical role in modeling and supporting the aspired culture and behaviors.
Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Utilities/refining/petro chemical operating experience.
Experience as a production team lead (PTL).