|Location||Austin, United States|
|Date Posted||May 2, 2017|
Subsurface Team Lead
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Job Title: Production Engineering Manager
Location: Austin TX
Reports to: VP Engineering
The Production Engineering Manager is responsible for directly leading a team of engineers and technicians whose purpose is to provide engineering design, analysis, and operational support to all crude oil and natural gas production activities within Parsley Energy. As leader of the Production Engineering organization, critical responsibilities of the Production Engineering Manager include: tactical leadership and quality assurance, staff development and supervision, activity prioritization, technical and analytical quality control, effective records management, competitive intelligence collection and dissemination, and communication with other Department Managers and Executives.
- Ensure the Production Engineering organization has strategic alignment with overall corporate goals and is staffed appropriately
- Develop tactical objectives for the department to ensure alignment with annual budget
- Effectively allocate personnel resources, mentor and train staff, and provide administrative supervision
- Establish technical and analytical standards for all Production Engineering activities and implement processes for quality assurance (key activities include: production and disposal well surveillance, post-completion flow-back monitoring and control, artificial lift design, produced water handling system planning, production down-time and failure analysis, Capital development and Expense maintenance cost estimation and analysis, and operational well data management)
- Create comprehensive well surveillance plans, conduct regular reviews with peers in Reservoir Engineering and Production Operations to develop joint plans to improve operational profitability and safety
- Actively participate in development team meetings to provide functional guidance and prioritize associated Production Engineering activities
- Direct records management efforts for critical technical and operational data and plans
- Lead routine competitive intelligence gathering on evolving production technology and techniques as well as industry competitor activities related to Production Engineering and Operations
- Effectively communicate with other department managers and executive leaders to ensure prompt and accurate information available, and promote a common reference for business planning
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring capability
- Organized critical thinker with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple activities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills utilizing sound engineering principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of oil and gas production engineering and operations activities with emphasis on productivity evaluation, artificial lift design, fluid flow through pipe, material failure analysis, fluid chemistry, flow measurement, subsurface remedial well work, goods and services contracting, and risk and decision analysis
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a multi-disciplined technical and operations team while adhering to Parsley Energy corporate values and culture
Lead a team of production engineers and engineering technicians.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will also work occasionally in outside weather conditions. The employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, cold weather, extreme heat, and vibration.
This is largely a sedentary role: However, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and arms to reach. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing, and preparing and analyzing data and figures.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours. Will need to be available above and beyond the previously mentioned hours on an as needed basis.
Frequent trips to field operations and business meetings outside the area will be required. Trips are usually short, but often result in overnight stays during the typical workweek. 30% per year expected.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering awarded by an accredited university is required
- 10+ years of industry related experience with demonstrated knowledge of production engineering principles in both subsurface and surface applications
- 5 years supervisory experience
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement: Parsley Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice