|Location||Tulsa, United States|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Description This position is located in Tulsa, OK as a member of the Permian Basin Production Engineering Team, reporting to the Production Engineering Team Lead.
- The candidate will work in a team environment to help oversee and execute a wide variety of production related projects.
- Additional interaction with reservoir engineers and asset personnel will be encouraged to optimize asset value.
- The candidate will also collaborate with HSE, Land, Regulatory and Supply Chain support groups to ensure operations compliance.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as part of an operational team that includes other production engineers, techs, and field production supervisors, techs and pumpers.
- Proactive in Environmental, Safety, and Health standards and practices
- Evaluate historical production data and trends to identify and recommend opportunities for production enhancement, optimization and minimizing lease operating expenses.
- Evaluate past workover jobs from productive and economic standpoints.
- Track and monitor production volumes, targets and lease operating expenses.
- Evaluate and recommend artificial lift optimization opportunities, including new technologies.
- Identify, and implement capital projects and value enhancements.
- In addition, implement expense workovers and P&A activities.
- Economic evaluations for any type project.
- Tracking and reducing downtime and cause of failures, reducing both over time.
- Assist with preparation of annual capital, workover and LOE budgets.
- Must have prior experience in work over design and production optimization, and ongoing production and maintenance operations activities, including surface facilities.
- Experience and/or expertise with beam pump, ESP, gas, and plunger lift oil wells desired.
- 5+ years industry experience, primarily in production engineering.
- Prior experience/working knowledge of Aries, IHS Power Tools, Spotfire, SRod and Petra or related software desired.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills to handle multiple tasks with changing and conflicting responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Must be self-motivated and an enthusiastic team player capable of completing tasks with minimum direction of others to meet sensitive deadlines and production goals.
- Willingness to travel, 25% +/- of time in Carlsbad, New Mexico working with field personnel.
- B.S. degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent required.Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.