|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||March 29, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
Our client, a well respected Oil & Gas Operator , is looking for a Production Engineer for their office in Oklahoma City, OK on a one-year contract basis. MUST BE LOCAL TO OKC TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
- Conduct all activities in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Ensure compliance will all company policies, procedures and plans along with federal, state and local regulations.
- Conduct wellbore surveillance, including monitoring production performance, identifying deviations from trend or abnormal rates/pressures and recommend activities to maintain or increase efficient production.
- Write procedures for and coordinate field activities, working in tandem with the workover supervisors.
- Work with WellView, eVIN, Nodal Analysis and SCADA tools on a routine basis.
- Demonstrate a strong level understanding of flowing wells and artificial lift design and optimization, especially gas lift, as deployed in SCOOP and STACK.
- Technically lead flowback and well intervention operations, including economic analysis, operational execution, and lookback & lessons learned.
- Demonstrate a strong level understanding of typical workover operations, including slickline, wireline, coiled tubing and rig based R&M work. Provide onsite technical support and review whenever required.
- Lead well reviews with the subsurface team, production technicians, field operators and other engineers.
- Works with employees, contractors, and vendors to maximize efficient production in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent Engineering Degree and 7+ years of experience in production or workover roles is preferred.
- Experience required with gas lift and other forms of artificial lift mechanisms, well surveillance, diagnostics, and troubleshooting well operations REQUIRED. Strong familiarity with flowback, downhole design, and workover rig operations is preferred. A propensity to forecasting, strategic planning, and big-picture operations is a plus.
- Strong level understanding of flowing wells and artificial lift methods, as deployed in unconventional assets (ideally SCOOP and STACK). The candidate is also expected to have a propensity for safely and economically proposing and completing typical workover operations, including slickline, wireline, coiled tubing and rig based R&M work. The ability to conduct flowback operations, wellbore surveillance, diagnose problems, perform failure analysis, and implement solutions is core to the role.
- Quick-learner, with knowledge of standard policies and procedures, especially with production reporting, environmental and safety issues, and measurement and production site security procedures.
- Ability to work with other team members, including technicians, the workover team, and field operators, is essential.
- At least 10% travel to well and field locations will be required (west central Oklahoma and Marlow, OK)/
- The successful candidate will be expected to travel to the well and field offices approximately 10-20% of the time. Occasional travel to the Houston office may also be required.
Job Type: Contract
- Oklahoma City, OK
- gas lift and other forms of artificial lift mechanisms, well surveillance, diagnostics, and troubleshooting well operations: 7 years
- production or workover: 7 years