|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||May 4, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
This position will report directly to a manager.
*At this time, we will only consider applications from US citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
Detailed Description Responsibilities will include:
- Provide daily monitoring, evaluation, analysis of production/ injection performance against potential performance, maximize and optimize volumes.
- Ensure compliance with processes and quality control of production and allocation data and work with team to resolve issues as required.
- Develop an ability to undertake daily production engineering & support to onshore production operations/ drilling/ well services - "from well sand face to point of delivery"; ensure that any financial, change request and cost commitment projections for any production engineering activity, has a clear work-scope, cost and schedule prepared and approved before work commences.
- Generate weekly/monthly production forecast & injection targets and well test priorities.
- Work with other engineers to provide short-term well production solutions that maximize well production within life of field, and cost and volume production/ support strategies.
- Develop a working knowledge of production engineering software tools to be used for daily optimization or for integration into reservoir models.
- Be part of a small team to identify, develop, plan and manage well operation; well testing; well intervention; plant operation or plant modification targets and priorities to maximize production and/or injection.
- Complete post well intervention assessment, to ensure continual improvement.
- Assist Production Engineering Department in providing input to new and existing asset developments.
- Provide the primary interface between Facilities Engineering, Operations, etc
- Investigate, research and make recommendations on the safest and most cost effective methods of well production, while minimizing any loss of production revenue through evaluation of new technology and use of innovative techniques, computer simulation modeling, specific well/ production engineering procedures and equipment.
- Manage the well integrity process ensuring the wells are monitored and operated within their design limits and facilitating risk assessments and seek guidance to determine the remedial/surveillance data requirements where appropriate.
- Develop an awareness and ability to identify, investigate, audit and control technical change (within limit of discipline knowledge)
- Contribute when required to relevant, regular interface meetings between Exploitation (reservoir); Drilling; Well Services; Operations; (chemistry, volume eng, cost eng);
- Develop a knowledge of cost control over all production engineering and allocated well engineering activities including interventions, repairs and change outs, and use to monitor and manage these activities
- Develop an ability to work within Facilities Engineering teams to ensure investments are made on the right projects.
- Engineering degree in Petroleum preferred; also consider degree in Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering with exposure to oil and gas production operations
- 8+ years’ operations/production/ drilling experience (oil and gas production) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in artificial lift design and application, well completion and remedial well work and related field experience including some drilling experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge in at least one technical discipline (production, petroleum, drilling) with a working knowledge of facilities.
- Demonstrated experience working in onshore operations, with some exposure to urban operations a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working with key vendors and contractors.
- Demonstrated experience working in and preferably leading cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing materials and supporting information for well-work and related filings with regulatory agencies
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply Please quote job reference IRC 139878 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.