|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||May 1, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Kinder Morgan CO2 company is currently seeking a Production Engineer to support our CO2 operations team that is currently focused in the Goldsmith-Landreth San Andres Unit, West Texas. The successful candidate would be responsible for the following: (1) Analyzing current enhanced oil recovery production operations, (2) Identify and develop well work programs with economic justification to operate and execute CO2 flood projects, (3) Assist with the planning and execution of new and recent expansion projects, (4) Provide production operations review for CO2 expansion to new areas of the project. The candidate will be expected to frequently present findings to senior management, clearly articulate (and defend) recommended courses of action, and be able to align with EHS, technical and business drivers. Based in Midland, Texas.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
– Handle relatively complex production engineering assignments.
– Maintains producing properties at a maximum economic rate and complies with governmental and contractual requirements.
– Provide technical leadership in well work planning and execution to peers and field operations.
– Assist in design and evaluation of expansion EOR projects and estimation of well work costs and problems.
– Provide production operations insight to the development of a consistent reservoir management strategy.
– Regular and predictable attendance.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor of Science Degree in Petroleum/Mechanical/Chemcial Engineering or closely related degree.
Experience / specific knowledge:
– 5+ years of production engineering experience in CO2 or mature water flooding.
– Permian Basin San Andres experience is preferred
– Knowledgeable in well stimulation, artificial lift (ESP and Rod) and wellbore management.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
– Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
– Able to develop new or improved processes or techniques if necessary
– Ability to interpret and apply engineering principles, theories, and concepts
– Assists in determining project objectives to contribute to the development of a comprehensive project design
– Provides technical direction to team members
– Outlines project requirements and monitors progress to ensure the objectives are being met
– Performs complex assignments
– Production surveillance skills to analyze and monitor well and pattern data to detect response due to CO2 or water flooding.
– Consistently looks to improve process, procedures, and standards
– Analytical problem solver
– Has solid understanding of business objectives and implements projects and ideas that significantly impact cash flow.
– Demonstrates strong teamwork and communication skills.
– Mentors other engineers.
– Ability to speak and understand English.
– Ability to work with others, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
– Significant travel to field operations and construction sites.
– Safety sensitive position
– 70/30 office and job site (outside) work locations.
– Working after hours, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.