|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||May 30, 2017|
The Production Engineer provides design, optimization and field support for artificial lift in the Permian. This position works closely with field operations personnel providing technical support and timely solutions for day-to-day production issues.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide engineering support for all aspects of Petroleum Engineering, with an emphasis on artificial lift and production operations to maintain and/or enhance production.
2. Provide estimates for the AFE process, design artificial lift systems and generate workover procedures.
3. Assist in prioritizing Permian Business Unit field activity in coordination with the Operations superintendent.
4. Support the development of the capital and lease operating expense budgets and perform the appropriate surveillance of those budgets throughout the year.
5. Actively participates in the adherence to Resolute’s EH&S policies.
6. Regular and punctual attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Production operations, including planning, preparing, drilling and completion of oil & gas wells.
• Well optimization techniques, including workovers, recompletions and artificial lift.
• Production processing and surface facility optimization.
• Oil & Gas industry operations and economics.
• Oil field production enhancement equipment.
• Working knowledge of oilfield chemical treating programs.
• Reservoir stimulation techniques.
• Computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Work in a collaborative manner with a diverse workforce and with the local communities in which the Company operates.
• Provide operational leadership and identify and coordinate opportunities to improve operations in terms of safety and the environment with integrity and reliability.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Analyze various production techniques and their effectiveness in a given field.
• Organize, prioritize and make decisions under time restrictions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• BS in Engineering.
• 0-5 years oil field related experience.
No major sources of discomfort; standard office environment. Regular exposure to video terminal displays. Ability to reach, squat, bend and lift up to 40 lbs. Frequent driving required to the field. While in the field exposure to hazards associated with dust, fumes and hydrocarbon production. Exposure to outdoor environment and all weather conditions can be encountered while in the field.