|Date Posted||November 13, 2018|
Our client is a Calgary-based private company focused on the development of its core oil and liquids rich natural gas assets in
the Alberta Montney. It's positioned for substantial growth of its proven, multi-zone resource. Their growth is supported by high
working interest and operatorship with more than 200 sections of land, over 20,000 boepd, ownership of gas plant and gathering
infrastructure, and additional midstream arrangements that provide for processing, transportation and fractionation of its oil and
Why Consider This Role?
• The Executives and Directors have several success stories to their names. It’s an excellent opportunity if you’re interested
in working for a growing, entrepreneurial company.
You are part of the decision-making process.
• The company focuses on strategic objectives while creating long-term value for shareholders.
• You will have key impact on the assets; the visibility provides for personal & professional upside.
Depending on your career plan, you can impact your future in many ways.
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Production Engineer will report to the Vice President, Production, and will work
directly with the field, accounting, engineering, G&G; and management ensuring the optimization and growth of the company’s
Activities and Responsibilities
As a member of a growing production team, you are the point in optimizing production with the following responsibilities;
Your primary responsibility is the safe and effective optimization of the company’s production and handling of day to
day operations and facilities. This includes individual well to full field reviews and recommendations, including analysis
and reduction of operating costs.
• Look for opportunities through initiative, communication daily with the field (Foremen, Operators, Contractors), G&G;
and area engineers. Troubleshooting, monitoring and present your ideas for execution.
• Develop project plans to ensure that the company has short and long-term processing capacity to achieve it’s growth
• Maintain all regulatory and safety compliance reporting, advise and train staff where necessary.
• Prepare operating budgets and work with foremen to beat internally generated goals.
• Provide technical support for corporate planning and investor/Board of Director presentations. This will include projects
related to identifying and supporting acquisitions in the focus areas related to facilities and field optimization.
• Work with facilities, assist with scope and AFE estimates, and construction projects.
• Work with accounting and marketing to maintain up to date billing, sales and reporting.
• External communications with partners, services and regulatory agencies.
• Other projects as provided by management.
You will be APEGA qualified, have 10+ years of progressive engineering experience in unconventional gas/liquids with a minimum
of 8 years gained in an E&P; company setting. Ideally, you have 2 years field-based production/operations before moving to
head office and driving the optimization through engineering and working with field staff. It is key that you have had dedicated
field time in production with some exposure to facilities operations as well. You have initiated your well thought out ideas
resulting in a track record of adding value. You possess an energetic style, an attention to detail, lead by example and a have a
desire to get down to work. You will also be able to motivate your teammates to produce results within tight timeframes and
manage competing deadline requirements for your time. Familiarity with Accumap, ValNav, Verdazo and Dakota Analytics is an
To Advance Your Career Reply in Confidence To
Trevor Johnstone (403) 539-9420 firstname.lastname@example.org
Empowering your company with the finest people!