|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 18, 2017|
The Wolfcamp Production Engineer will work with the field organization and Asset Team members to oversee operations and production optimization for all wells, well facilities, gathering systems and compressor facilities for the Division. The candidate will work with field and Houston based staff to strive for maximum production and efficient operating costs through operating practices review. This position involves learning the fundamentals of production engineering and field operations. The candidate will also be responsible for creating value for the business through the skills learned.Requirements
Qualifications and Expectations:
- BSc in Petroleum Engineering or related petroleum discipline required
- Level II - 1+ years engineering experience; Senior Level - 5+ years engineering experience
- Prior Production Operations experience is beneficial
- Ability to gain a fundamental understanding of production operations, well intervention, artificial lift, system optimization, compression, field development and depletion planning
- Ability to learn all engineering aspects involved with well design, completion, workover, and well intervention (through-tubing operations, coiled tubing, electric line, slick line and production optimization)
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in Artificial Lift design and optimization (to include Gas Lift, Rod Pump - SROD/RODSTAR, Electric Submersible Pumps, and Jet Pumps)
- Ability to monitor, manage, and maintain SWD and injection systems
- Ability to gain practical Reservoir experience (AIRES or similar, economics, production forecasting).
- Ability to demonstrate strong production surveillance skills
- Ability to gain a strong working knowledge of production chemistry and flow assurance
- Ability to prepare AFE’s and well work procedures
- Ability to coordinate day-to-day Production Engineering field operations
- Proven leadership skills and the drive and commitment to motivate and inspire the team to operational, performance and safety excellence
- Actively seeks ways to improve efficiency of work processes and policies
- Good oral and written communication skills essential (Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus)
Our core competencies specifically identify the skills, knowledge, and abilities required for success for every level of employee on Team EP Energy.
· Accountability: Demonstrates a performance bias and takes responsibility for focusing effort and priorities on work that delivers business value
· Adaptability: Demonstrates a business insight with a clear understanding of the business context and the initiative to act accordingly.
· Collaboration: Demonstrates effective partnership and teamwork which actively engages and respects the contributions of others. Consistently takes the lead in promoting open and effective communication.
· Problem Solving: Demonstrates wise decision-making and progresses issues, even when only partial information is available. Demonstrates an innovative approach in looking for ways to do things better, faster, and more efficiently.