|Location||Texas, United States|
|Date Posted||August 31, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Production Engineering support to Marathon Oil’s Eagle Ford asset. The position will be based in Kenedy, TX and will report to the Production Engineering Supervisor - Eagle Ford. The Production Engineer requires active engagement with other Marathon Oil employees, contractors and vendors in a joint effort to maximize efficient production in a safe and environmentally sound manner. An ability to work with other team members, including technicians, the workover team and field operators, is essential. The candidate must have an expert level understanding of rod pump and gas lift artificial lift methods, as deployed in unconventional assets (ideally Eagle Ford). The candidate is also expected to have an expert level understanding of typical workover operations, including slickline, wireline, coiled tubing and rig based R&M work. The ability to conduct wellbore surveillance, diagnose problems, perform failure analysis and implement solutions is core to the role. The successful candidate will be expected to travel to San Antonio and the other field offices. Occasional travel to the Houston office may also be required.
- Conduct all activities in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Ensure compliance will all company policies, procedures and plans along with Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Conduct wellbore surveillance, including monitoring production performance, identifying deviations from trend or abnormal rates/pressures and recommend activities to maintain or increase efficient production.
- Write procedures for and coordinate day to day field activities, working in tandem with the Workover Supervisors.
- Work with WellView, eVIN, LOWIS and SCADA tools on a routine basis.
- Demonstrate an expert level understanding of rod pump and gas lift artificial lift design and optimization, as deployed in the Eagle Ford play.
- Demonstrate an expert level understanding of typical workover operations, including slickline, wireline, coiled tubing and rig based R&M work. Provide on site technical support and review whenever required.
- Participate in well reviews with the subsurface team, production technicians, field operators and other engineers.
- At least 10% travel to field locations in south Texas (Pleasanton, Gonzales and Kenedy offices) will be required
- Petroleum Engineering degree preferred, or other engineering degree with appropriate experience.
- At least 12 years of relevant past experience working as a Production Engineer with rod pump and gas lift artificial lift methods, wellbore surveillance and failure analysis. Strong familiarity with WellView, downhole design, workover rig operations and procedure writing is core to this role.
- An understanding of Marathon’s approach to business decisions, hurdle rates and AFE generation is desirable.
- Communication/Collaboration: Strong oral and written communication skills are beneficial to the role. Success in the role requires an ability to share knowledge across the team. Must be comfortable with periods of working both in teams and in isolation. Must be capable of self-motivation and driven to excel. Collaboration across multiple field and office based teams is critical to success.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products is required. Familiarity with Spotfire, WellView, eVIN, LOWIS and SCADA tools (Wonderware) is preferred.
- At least 10% travel will be required. This will routinely increase to 20% or above. Travel to San Antonio, other field locations and well sites will all be required on occasion.
-Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.