|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||1|
Conducts analysis, optimization, production maintenance and improvements on wells, platforms, and fields. Provides engineering support to other Noble Energy technical staff and departments; like land, finance, accounting, and EHSR; as required. Responsible for the evaluation, development, and implementation of short and long term production plans and forecasts of wells, platforms, and fields, and for maintaining required safety training and compliance. Identifies opportunities and provides economics, procedures and implementation planning and oversight for workovers, recompletions, sidetracks, artificial lift, optimization, intervention, surveillance, well integrity, P&As; and other work needed on existing wells and infrastructure. Knowledgeable in nodal analysis and fluid flow in reservoirs and wellbores. Knowledgeable in PVT (pressure, volume, temperature) analysis of reservoir fluids. Awareness of pressure and rate transient analysis.
- Applies basic knowledge to carry out a sequence of tasks. Under close supervision, performs routine assignments requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Assists in the management of production operations by setting and maintaining production goals.
- Develops completion, recompletion, and workover plans for new and existing wells.
- Reviews economic status of well fields, requests/reviews bids for work to be performed, and recommends contractor and equipment.
- Provides recommendations that optimize completion design.
- Conducts analysis on wells, platforms, and fields.
- Provides cost estimates and timing for future workovers and new executions.
- Monitors capital budget.
- Determines which wells need production enhancement and recommends procedures or processes to maintain or increase production.
- Provides standard procedures (SOPs & SOGs) for common operations in the business unit.
- Assists in well production analysis and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline
- Typically requires 1 year of related experience.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Normal office environment.
- Some travel to field operations required.