|Date Posted||March 29, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||1|
Conducts analysis, optimization, production maintenance and improvements on wells, platforms, and fields. Provides engineering support to other Noble Energy technical staff and departments; like land, finance, accounting, and EHSR; as required. Responsible for the evaluation, development, and implementation of short and long term production plans and forecasts of wells, platforms, and fields, and for maintaining required safety training and compliance. Identifies opportunities and provides economics, procedures and implementation planning and oversight for workovers, recompletions, sidetracks, artificial lift, optimization, intervention, surveillance, well integrity, P&As; and other work needed on existing wells and infrastructure. Knowledgeable in nodal analysis and fluid flow in reservoirs and wellbores. Knowledgeable in PVT (pressure, volume, temperature) analysis of reservoir fluids. Awareness of pressure and rate transient analysis.
- Delivers Development Plans that are aligned with Integrated Development Plans and Long Range Plan
- Coordinates large multi-disciplinary technical and land/legal team to generate high quality drilling plans.
- Under general supervision, performs all aspects of work applying new information and concepts.
- Assists in developing recommendations for more difficult and complex issues.
- Assists in the management of production operations by setting and maintaining production goals.
- Generates and maintains updated project economics is responsible for the predrill and post drill economic evaluation of properties and wells.
- Develops completion, recompletion, and workover plans for new and existing wells.
- Reviews economic status of well fields, requests/reviews bids for work to be performed, and recommends contractor and equipment.
- Develops and maintains appropriate reservoir evaluation work for individual wells and full field analysis
- Assists in monitoring oil and gas reserves and production on a continual basis with a special emphasis during the mid year and year end reporting process.
- Generates and maintains updated project opportunities for the business unit.
- Prepares various presentation materials to corporate management concerning production volumes.
- With guidance, develops and maintains appropriate reservoir evaluation work for individual wells and full field analysis.
- Calculates reserves by volumetric, performance, material balance methods and simulation
- Provides recommendations that optimize completion design.
- Monitors capital budget.
- Determines which wells need production enhancement and recommends procedures or processes to maintain or increase production.
- Provides standard procedures (SOPs & SOGs) for common operations in the business unit.
- Assists in well production analysis and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline
- Typically requires 1 year of related experience.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Normal office environment.
- Some travel to field operations required.