|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2017|
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing production engineering support to Marathon’s Permian development activity. The position will require interfacing with other Marathon employees, contractors, and vendors to optimize production in a safe and environmentally sound manner. Effective teamwork is required as information is gathered and communicated between field operators and other team members.
Due to the projected activity level in this area, the candidate must be highly motivated and willing to independently develop and provide solutions. Although based in Houston, the successful candidate will be expected to travel regularly (monthly) to the field locations in New Mexico.
- Monitor production performance and recommend activities to maintain and increase rates.
- Interact with other team members in a manner that will help build respect and achieve set goals.
- Initiate action that will enhance the operation's safety and environmental record. Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and plans along with federal, state and local regulations.
- Schedule, write procedure for, and coordinate day-to-day field activities (remedial well work).
- Prepare well repair and maintenance and workover procedures as required and provide rig supervision for these activities as required.
- Be proactive with continuous learning in all areas, especially emerging technology.
- Contribute to the expense and capital project budget preparation, and expense tracking/optimization.
- Assist with record keeping in areas such as well work histories and wellbore diagrams.
- Collaborate with field operators, engineers and production supervisors to share ideas and generate solutions.
- At least 20% travel to field locations in New Mexico will be required.
- Knowledge of Marathon’s policies and procedures, especially with production reporting, environmental and safety issues and measurement and production site security procedures.
Education: Petroleum, or equivalent, engineering degree
Experience: 3+ years of production engineering experience. Experience with various types of artificial lift (rod-pump, ESP, jet pump and gas lift), well surveillance, and diagnosing and trouble-shooting well operations.
Communication: Excellent oral and written communications, teamwork, planning & organizational skills.
Computer: Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Travel: 20% travel to local fields
-Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.