|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
Kinder Morgan CO2 Company, one of the largest CO2 providers and CO2 tertiary recovery companies in the US, is seeking a production engineer to work within a multiple person technical team to plan and develop a new CO2 flood in the Permian Basin. The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Benchmarking and cataloging best practices in the areas of well completion and artificial lift from other San Andres CO2 floods (and other similar low pressure, low rate CO2 floods)
- Detailed design of injection and production well completions and artificial lift systems for optimum well performance using nodal analysis, including hydraulic fracture stimulations
- Technical support to well completions and field operations staff on wellwork, testing, chemical programs, etc.
- Interface with reservoir, facilities, drilling, and pipeline engineers during design, implementation and management of the project
The preferred candidate should have/be:
- BS or greater in Petroleum Engineering or other related engineering discipline
- Currently living in, or willing to move to Houston, TX
- 7+ years of experience as a production engineer in the oil and gas industry. Entirely capable of working independently, but also very active and effective working in a team environment
- Significant experience with well completions, hydraulic fracturing, production operations, artificial lift design, day-to-day wellwork supervision, waterflood and/or CO2 flood surveillance and practical oilfield operations knowledge
- Proficiency with Mfrac, OFM, and MS-Office applications
- A proven track record working effectively within a multi-disciplined development team
- An objective and analytical approach, with a solid command of E&P project economics and technical documentation
- A clear thinker, concise and effective communicator, and a preferred teammate.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s) and lead personnel, focus attention on details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
Travel: 90% Office, 10% Field
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.