|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||November 11, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Searching for a Production Engineer with 10-15 years of experience for an E&P in Houston, TX.
**The assets are in-land water wells in the Gulf of Mexico so extensive experience with the asset is required.**
Please see the job description, below.
The Production / Operations Engineer is charged with overseeing the daily operation of company's wells, including constant monitoring of well performance, planning and supervising workover operations to maximize recovery in addition to optimizing pipe flow systems. As the well produces, the Production Engineer may be responsible in part for the design and implementation of well completions, subsurface and surface production facilities which are needed to produce the field and treat the produced fluids to produce oil and gas with the specifications required for transportation and sales. The Production Engineer is an integral member of the Area Asset Team and works in a collaborative environment.
* Analyze, interpret and optimize individual well performance. Employ various production surveillance techniques to monitor well productivity on a daily basis.
* Work in concert with field operations staff to insure production goals and cost controls are met.
* In conjunction with Reservoir Engineers and Geologists, determine the most efficient means to develop the well/field considering crude oil characteristics, GOR, water cut, depth and type of reservoir and perhaps most importantly, project economics.
* Identify wells for production enhancements.
* Optimize well costs with prudent selection of service providers.
* Maximize the daily production and ultimate recoveries of producing properties through optimal operational procedures.
* Perform open hole and cased hole log evaluation.
* Recommend wells for recompletion and or abandonment.
* Design facilities and coordinate installation with field construction operations.
* Responsible for cost containment and regulatory compliance in concert with EHS personnel.
* Recommend and procure appropriate surface equipment that will separate the oil, gas and water.
Explore additional technologies to enhance production from wells that are declining.
* Work closely with other team members / disciplines to determine optimal operational approaches for particular wells and or fields.
* Interface with Land, Accounting, Geology, Regulatory and other departments to coordinate the daily operations of producing oil and gas wells.
* Coordinate with all phases of drilling, completion and production operations throughout the life cycle of a wellbore.
* Work closely with management to meet financial, production and other corporate goals.
* Travel required to accomplish above.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Petroleum Engineering
* Knowledge of petroleum engineering operations and production methods for oil and natural gas recovery.
* Minimum 10 years offshore (GoM) operational experience required.
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral) for interface with professional engineers, company management and field personnel.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a multitude of engineering tools including the likes of economic evaluation, reservoir and production engineering and hydraulic fracturing models a plus.
If qualified and interested please apply asap as resumes are being accepted and reviewed immediately.
Vanessa Lopez - 832.900.5935.