|Location||Platteville, United States|
|Date Posted||July 6, 2017|
This position is located in Platteville, Colorado as a member of the DJ Production Engineering Team. The candidate will work in a team environment with upstream and midstream operations to help oversee and execute a wide variety of production and facility related projects. Additional interaction with reservoir engineers, geologists and asset personnel will be encouraged to optimize asset value. The candidate will also collaborate with EH&S, Land, Regulatory and Supply Chain support groups to ensure operations compliance.
• Ideally 2+ relevant engineering experience required with production experience strongly preferred
• Knowledge of production engineering concepts and operational issues for an E&P company strongly preferred; artificial lift optimization experience and understanding of fracture stimulation design/techniques recommended; horizontal oil and gas well experience a plus
• Basic level competency in writing well work procedures, oil and gas processing design and operations, and production surveillance techniques. Reservoir, completions or drilling engineering experience is a plus, but not a requirement
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with field operations, technical peers and management
• Production Surveillance: Monitor production volumes on wells within an assigned geographic area utilizing various techniques for tracking production performance. Diagnose production enhancement opportunities and make recommendations for improving performance. Evaluate and document results
• Production Optimization: Work closely with the field operations staff to optimize artificial lift and facility performance. Conduct frequent, formal team based well reviews to identify and document improvement opportunities; implement recommendations and post audit results
• Workover Operations: Collaborate with the field operations staff to analyze well service and production enhancement opportunities. Determine the economic feasibility of each opportunity and prepare an AFE, workover procedure and supporting materials for implementation. Support field operations with scheduling and execution of the procedures. Provide well site technical support when necessary
• Lease Operating Expense (LOE) Improvement: Provide technical and financial analysis support to field operations in efforts to control and reduce LOE. Support the annual budget process for LOE
• Mentoring: Assist with mentoring and training less experienced engineers and interns
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, with Petroleum Engineering being preferred.
Valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
This position is eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0% to 15%.
This position is on a 5/40 work schedule