|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||April 4, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
The Production Engineer performs engineering duties under the direction of the Sr. Production Engineer for the Wattenberg team. The Production Engineer assumes responsibility for a production area and collaborates with various departments such as: Geology, Land and Accounting, as well as other engineers in a team environment to help execute development. In addition, this person coordinates with Operations personnel and vendors in the field to optimize both production and operating expenses in horizontal wells as well as aging vertical wells.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Monitors properties to ensure target production rates are being met while seeking out optimization opportunities in a challenging production environment;
- Identify, design and help implement economic workovers and production enhancement projects including advanced artificial lift technology;
- Evaluate LOS reports and ARIES datasets to seek out production enhancement opportunities or recommend plug and abandonment;
- Perform well reviews with field production staff;
- Interact closely with field office to ensure optimization of production and operating expenses;
- Provide engineering and mentoring support to the team as needed;
- Assist in general petroleum engineering projects as requested by the Sr. Production Engineer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Ability to perform discounted cashflow economic analysis, including risk analysis, for recommended projects utilizing ARIES software;
- Background in production with emphasis on knowledge of critical rate, artificial lift, compression and nodal analysis as well as flowback, choking and tubing selection;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills utilizing sound engineering principles;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within a small multi-discipline team including geologists, landmen, engineers and technicians;
- Strong Excel and PC skills in general, a must with experience in MS Office/Access, ARIES, Spotfire and FEKETE modules preferred.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Consistent with that of a normal office environment;
- Frequent travel to the Wattenberg field as needed.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering;
- 8+ years of industry related experience with 4+ years Production Engineering experience preferred.