|Location||Wyoming, United States|
|Date Posted||June 1, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
Handles assignments of a limited scope and complexity for the South Rockies Assets based in Casper, WY. Assists in assuring that production properties operate at a maximum economic rate by analyzing associated costs and estimating the production capabilities and the economic value of wells. The focus will be on creating assets / further developing existing assets, implementing development plans and managing assets to maximize profitability.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and analyze producing properties for profitability, participate in making recommendations for operational improvements.
- Optimize production from new and existing wells, determining if intervention is needed, when and how it should be performed, and by designing and installing the artificial lift application.
- Work closely with Reservoir Engineers, Geologists and land personnel to maximize the value of assigned assets.
- Monitor daily production volumes for discrepancies.
- Collaborate with the Asset Team and/or technical professionals with project planning and AFE generation for new operated wells.
- Provide detailed input to well operations staff on all aspects of well completion/production operations design.
- Ensure facilities and infrastructure are ready and new wells are connected in a timely manner to maximize revenue capture.
- Prepare written procedures and economic evaluations for well intervention, optimization and upgrade projects and periodically supervise execution.
- Gather data to help Reservoir Engineering, Geology and Geophysical disciplines understand the resource.
- Monitor competitor activity and well performance to obtain competitive advantage and assist in managing manage non-op capital commitments.
- On call support, including nights and weekends may be required.
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with SM facilities.
- Other duties as assigned
General Knowledge and Skills:
Solid understanding of oil and gas operations, including specialization within Production Engineering. Has completed all needed training/schooling/workshops required in level I and is now applying the concepts and skills on the job. Additional training courses as needed. Solid ability to learn and apply new skills and technologies. Solid use and application of standard engineering principles and techniques including industry and company standards in assigned discipline.
Solid level of skill in Microsoft Office. Solid understanding and utilization of WellView, Aries, OFM, Spotfire, SROD and any other discipline specific software required.
Role-Specific Technical Knowledge & Skills:
Working knowledge of production operations, artificial lift methods and facility construction. Takes initiative to increase technical knowledge through practical application. Demonstrates understanding of a basin/resource play. General understanding of Reservoir and Completion Engineering.
B.S. degree in Engineering is required, Petroleum Engineering is preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of applicable experience