|Date Posted||December 15, 2016|
Vermilion has an excellent opportunity for a Production Engineer based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing and optimizing performance from existing wells and producing assets, working with other team members to identify, evaluate and recommend strategies to lower operating expenses, enhance recovery and extend field life. This position will require a strong focus on value creation. This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager, Netherlands
We are looking for a:
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Lead production optimization efforts of base wells; identify and recommend opportunities to increase production and enhance well recoveries; apply innovative and cost-effective optimization;
- Conduct periodic well reviews to troubleshoot off trend performance; work closely with reservoir engineers to review subsurface issues affecting well performance;
- Develop and provide accurate production forecasts for assigned assets;
- Identify, recommend and provide engineering support for projects aimed at reducing operating expenses, while working closely with field operations;
- Manage, plan and coordinate routine well servicing, recommend process changes as needed to ensure efficiencies and provide support for workovers and program execution;
- Providing guidance where required to operations staff on well related issues;
- Champion well integrity program for the assigned assets to ensure regulatory compliance and protection of the public and environment;
- Monitor production allocation accuracy; ensure current regulatory requirements are met for new and existing wells;
- Develop and maintain strong and positive relationships with field staff through regular site visits, act as liaison between field and the technical office;
- Liaise with production accounting, marketing, JV as required to proactively resolve issues impacting production volumes;
- Prepare and manage downhole workover and optimization budgets for the area;
- Support Reservoir Engineer in the annual reserves assessment for assigned asset.
First Year Deliverables
- Deliver budgeted base production and efficient execution of optimization projects.
- Identification, prioritization and maturation of an optimization opportunity inventory in assigned asset area.
- Maintain an accurate base production forecast and track vs budget.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline;
- Must be fluent in English and Dutch.
Attributes & Characteristics
- Focus on value creation.
- Entrepreneurial approach.
- Use of technical expertise to drive strong results.
- Decision making that demonstrates responsibility.
- Initiative and accountability.
- Builds relationships through trust and respect.
- Flexible, influential and assertive when required.
Essential Experience & Skills
- Previous experience in Petroleum Engineering related roles.
- A record of delivering value adding results through opportunity generation and execution.
- A self-starter with proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Previous experience in enhancing recovery from producing assets;
- A solid understanding of well operations and completion techniques.
- A working knowledge of well integrity practices.
- Your technical skills will be complimented with a broader commercial aspects;
- An understanding of the oil and gas value cycle as a whole;
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills.
- Strong Communication Skills both written and verbal.
Amsterdam based position, international company, headquartered in Alberta, Canada
Diverse asset base in Europe, Australia, US and Canada
20-year history of market outperformance
Ranked among the Best Workplaces in Canada, France , Germany and The Netherlands
Challenging and inspiring environment that embraces teamwork and collaboration
Strong community investment and committed to giving back to the communities where our people live and work
Vermilion is committed to ensuring we conduct our activities in a manner that will protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the public. Our HSE vision is to fully integrate Health, Safety and Environment into our business, where our culture is recognized as a model by industry and stakeholders, resulting in a healthy workplace free of incidents. All positions at Vermilion require a commitment to high levels of excellence in respect to HSE, reinforcing our corporate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Respect, and Responsibility.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please follow the instructions on the job posting or send your application with detailed resume via our application form. For more details, please call Sophia Ruiter on 0517 – 493 327.
Posting Close Date: January 6th, 2017
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated
Keywords: Oil, Gas, Petroleum Engineering, Engineering, Olie, Production Manager